I tellya! This is a great article WHAT?! Great article I tellya! Kiddos, what a game we had last night eh? ComeONNNNNNN now what a great commentary by the legendary GERRY VEE!
« On Second Glance: Looking Forward to Next Year by Looking Back
Gerry V: 2013 NBA Finals Game #3
A huge swing from Game #2 to Game #3 in the NBA Finals as the Spurs shredded the Heat 113-77. Here are some items for you to chat about as you enjoy a lunch or dinner with friends. Open the conversation with the following questions…
- So is LeBron feeling the weight of expectations again?
- Why when “ISO” vs Duncan on the perimeter didn’t he just attack the big fella and finish him off?
- Why doesn’t he take advantage of maybe a 2nd screen to get open for better looks?
- Why did Kawhi Leonard (14pts and 12 rebs… double digit rebs in all three games so far) make LeBron miss 11 of his first 13 shots?
- Why is LeBron shooting a poor 21/54 at 38.8% vs the Spurs? 18pts… 17pts… 15pts in the first 3 games? ZERO FT att’s in the game!
* See if your friend noticed how the Spurs were “going under” pick & rolls vs LeBron to bait him into jumpers… He did as he settled and didn’t attack the lane or rim.
* In the NBA FINALS LeBron James is 7/30 in FG attempts outside the lane… He was 2/14 in Game #3 in that area
After peppering the dinner conversation with those questions, order another cocktail for your friend if he so happens to be a Miami fan.
In Game #3:
- The Spurs had a 19-9 offensive rebeound advantage which help yield a 20-11 2nd chance points margin.
- The Heat never led.
- The Spurs won the fastbreak 20-11 (only had 3 pts in this area in game 2)
* I mentioned in my last post to make a note of shot location as the Spurs missed several shots… I said if the penetration were to continue and those shots were made it would be rough for Miami… The Spurs are 315/544 in the playoffs from 8 ft or closer to the rim for a 58% success rate…
* KEY STAT as it indicates ball movement and penetration vs the Miami defense.
- The 3-Ball has been a killer for the Spurs… 39% for the entire Playoffs… I love how they place 3-ballers in the corners (flattens out the defense and hampers “help defenders”… the Spurs are 43/109 shooting the corner 3-ball… 39%… healthy stat…
- Did you notice how the Spurs went under the pick and rolls vs Lebron?
- So far in the series the Spurs have:
- blitzed the pick & roll (trap)
- switched vs the pick & roll
- went under the pick & roll
- Kawhi Leonard was a beast in game 3!!
Paging Mr. LeBron James! Paging Mr. LeBron James! Will Mr LeBron James please report to the hotel front desk for an very important message!