« In the NO Podcast Episode 76: Anderson and Gordon
Coach K Speaks About Team USA »
Exclusive: Catching Up With Lance Thomas in Vegas
We caught up with USA Select Team member Lance Thomas about what’s going on in Vegas. As usual, Lance was a pleasure. Give the guy a follow on twitter and show him some love.
A few highlights from the interview–
- Lance has to play for a contract during training camp and summer league this year.
- He’s out in Vegas just as long as we are.
- Per coach Monty’s request, he’s working on his jumper and adding muscle (17 pounds since the season ended)
- He sees himself as a SF or PF, but he can guard three positions.
- Is there anything that he would tell a coach he can’t do? Nope!
- His relationship with Coach K is probably better than ever.
It is hard not to root for this guy. I know he isn't the answer, but my hopes are up that he can be our next "elite" fifth or sixth big :).
Elite Fifth Big has been registered and copyrighted by McNamara Corp. Any using of this phrase must be accompanied by written consent of such usage by McNamara Corp. Seriously, though, I don't know if Thomas can be an elite 5th, but I am starting to believe he can be a transcendent 6th big. Transcendent!
Apologies! Next time we'll use the mic. Didn't seem necessary this time, but apparently we were mistaken.
We're working on the microphone situation. Hopefully it will be "cleared up" (ha!) by the start of summer league.
In all the interviews I've listened to on this site, the interviewer's voice has always sounded clear but the player's voice has always been drowned or almost drowned out by background noise.
Hey Socks, knock 'em dead out there. We're rootin' for you to make the team out this end! Thanks to Hornets247 for keeping tabs. I appreciate it.