« Half-assed Preview: Wolves @ Hornets
Surprise: The Mavs beat the Hornets »
The T-Wolves beat the Hornets
Two nights ago, I had this dream where the Hornets won the championship.
The dream as I remember it didn't involve basketball, or the Hornets for that matter, more so me running around an old timber house, chasing Gary Oldman with a flamethrower. In the end, I managed to kill Gary Oldman with said flamethrower, and so it followed that the Hornets were named NBA champions. The last part of the dream was me blogging "I told you so."
After yesterday's 86-79 loss at home to the Timberwolves, I'm thinking that dream won't be coming true. Well, maybe the Gary Oldman bit will, but the rest is a stretch.
Notes and stuff…
- Linkage: box | recap | video | photos
- Great line from the AP report on the game:
Chris Paul was the only Hornet in double figures, with 18. Bobby Jackson and Jannero Pargo had 13 each.
- Someone needs to remind Desmond Mason that he's in a contract year. His line last night: 36 minutes, 6 points, 1-7 FGs, 1 assist, 1 rebound.
- Can't just pick on Mase, though. When Tyson Chandler is your most effective offensive weapon (2-of-2 from the field), shit is broken.
Anyways, I'm not going to spend much time breaking down miserable games like this. If it sucks as much to read as it does to write, then you guys probably aren't feeling it anyway. All you really need to know is that the team shot 34% against the T-Wolves. Lost a game they should have won. We move on…
Oh shit! It's the Mavericks. Maybe moving on isn't such a great idea.
Today's game spells l-o-s-s for the Hornets in about a million different ways.
First of all, it's the second game of a back-to-back on the road. That's not good. Second, Peja Stojakovic has joined David West on the chilling list, having injured his back against the T-Wolves yesterday. That's not good. Third, the Mavs are on an eight-game winning streak, having beat the Spurs in San Antonio last night. That's not good.
Finally, the Hornets haven't beat the Mavericks since dinosaurs roamed the earth, and that sure as shit ain't good.
But, you know what? Anything can happen in the NBA on a given night, so I'm with Chris Paul on this one…
"The losing has to stop sometime, why not (tonight)?"
The rest of this post will be full-on Random Shizzle mode. There's a few Mav-related links at the bottom.
- One-time Hornets' fan favorite, Eddie Robinson, has gotten bored spending his $32 million and is trying to work his way back to the NBA. He's also the topic for discussion over ar the HR boards.
- Here's a Hornets season preview I apparently wrote over at About.com.
- Looks like Baron is gonna be out for a few games with that rib injury thing. Like clockwork.
- I actually really like Gary Oldman.
- If you like depression, check out all the Hornets-Wolves game reports on the news page.
- Dallas Morning News
- Forth-Worth Star-Telegram
- Dallas Basketball
- Blog Maverick
- Mavs Moneyball
- Mavericks: An Incorrigible History of Alberta
Hornets-Mavs tips at 7:30pm this evening. It's either gonna be really really good, or really really bad. Later.