Half-assed Preview: Wolves @ Hornets
Today, the Hornets play the Minnesota Timberwolves, a team not unlike the Minnesota Timberwolves they played (and beat) last weekend. Game time is 7pm. Game place is the Ford Center. Game snack is up to you.
Not much time today — have to go judge a wet t-shirt competition — so just throwing out some stuff real quick…
- First and foremost, we have the T-Wolves dance team, because that's important.
- Since we last saw them, KG and co have played just one game, blowing out the Knicks at home, 107-89. That was a balanced effort from the T-Wolves, with five players scoring in double figures. Ricky Davis led the way with 21.
- Minnesota are now 4-6 on the season.
- Rookie Craig Smith missed two dunks in that Knicks game. Might be because he's fat.
- This is the only place i could find the AP preview of the game today. Don't judge me. Here's some quick-hitters from that preview…
While the Hornets are coming off their worst game of the season, the Timberwolves are coming off their best… The Timberwolves are the fourth-lowest scoring team in the league, averaging 93.7 points, but are 3-0 when they top 100 points… Minnesota is just 1-4 on the road this season.
So, yeah, that's about it. Some relevant links at the bottom as usual. In case you haven't figured it out, this is a must-win game for the Hornets. If they lose, they go to Dallas tomorrow with a two-game losing streak and the world will explode. True story.