Following Eric Gordon’s Twitter Account

Published: December 18, 2012

Most of us are following Eric Gordon’s confusing, hilarious and occasionally  frustrating twitter account, which recently had a 124 character tweet that’s gotten the Hornets247 offices scrambling. Some of us are desperately looking to scrounge up more sass (because we can never be satisfied no matter what), others are replacing Christmas trees with Eric Gordon fatheads (because we are silly optimists). The tweet in question, in all its glory:

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

The good news is that his twitter background is him in a Hornets jersey setting up for a fadeaway jumper. But the bad news is that someone shot purple, gold and creole blue paintballs  at him. The good news is that they all missed.

It’s hard to tell whether or not Gordon is being sincere or not. Is he really excited or did someone nudge him with a “Eric, you should say something nice about New Orleans” elbow? We certainly know that he’s got a weird twitter account so anything is Kevin Garnett (possible). Let’s dive in to his feed.

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

Damn, EJ is just giving away RT’s? Can I get one for another huge Hornets fan who also can’t wait to see you on the court? Also, can the other tens of thousands of people who can’t wait to see you on the court get one? You’re going to be busy, Eric Gordon. Please don’t hurt your wrists.

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

Awkward. Who is One Leg Wonder? Is Eric One Leg Wonder? Let’s investigate.

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

Good news, Eric Gordon is likely not the One Leg Wonder. But who is the One Leg Wonder? What does he stand for? Can he help me save some cash in any way whatsoever?

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

Happy birthday, Eric’s friend! Thanks!

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

Some will say this was a mistake. I say it’s the first piece of a long puzzle battle that we are just beginning to fight with Eric Gordon. I. I what? What if his next tweet was ‘m so. Then what if his third tweet was rry New Orleans. I’ll stay on this case, everybody. Please alert me to any other mystery code tweets #10 spits out. Note: this tweet was RT’d 23 times.

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

This explains that press photo from last Summer (assuming that Aminu and Kaman are also Capricorns).

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

Phoenix, Arizona being the one exception to this.

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

“And I now realize that my heart is actually in Memphis because my heart is a Grizzly and well, Vancouver seems cool so Memphis must also be cool. Would also be cool to spend time with Big Country Bryant Reeves.”

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

Did Eric Gordon run into Roger Federer somewhere and beat him at something? If so, he’s being real coy about the whole thing. He’s practically begging us to ask him for more information.

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

There’s also a couple of restaurants. If you’re not already following Gordon for information on whether or not there are ever any concerts in New Orleans then this is clearly an indication that you should start.

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

Reminder that Eric Gordon was publicly upset about the Austin Rivers pick. Granted, a lot of Hornets fans were, but we don’t have to share a locker room room with the kid. Would be neat if Rivers brings this up during warmups or he passive aggressively RT’s him 7 months after the fact.

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

“I’m peeking at him from my bathroom window. Man, we both woke up at like 4:00am. I’m eatin omelette.”

There was a problem connecting to Twitter.

The “F” button is right next door to the “D” button so I’m pretty sure he was talking about Hornets Dan, easily the second most famous Hornets fan there is. Honest mistake.

Oh.

Right.

Follow Chris Trew on Twitter.

1. Mike P

December 18, 2012 at 11:02 am

Hilarious article.. but what was “Wow New Orleans” really about? The draft was in late June, and I believe that tweet was the day of the lottery

• JayDogon

December 18, 2012 at 11:04 am

I actually remember that tweet now. It was in response to us getting the #1 pick.

• Chris Trew

December 18, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Dammit, you’re right. That’s totally my mistake. He DID say something rude about Austin Rivers though the night of the draft.

2. JayDogon

December 18, 2012 at 11:03 am

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Bravo, Chris, Bravo!

3. Mr. West

December 18, 2012 at 11:55 am

I cracked up at this. Great job, bro.

4. T

December 18, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Maybe my sense of humor sucks, but I don’t see what’s funny about this at all.

5. Lucas Ottoni

December 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm

I don’t care if he likes New Orleans or team. The feelings of Eric Gordon doesn’t interest me one bit. He is a professional (very well paid!) and should just do their job: go into court and play on the edge to help the Hornets win games. That’s the only thing that interests me. If he doesn’t want to play and is extending his injury for some reason, the only way out of this situation is called: TRADE. I’m already sick of talking about Eric Gordon. And I just have a feeling that the Hornets are wasting a lot of money. It’s time to be practical: either PLAY or TRADE. This guy has filled our patience.

6. Scott

December 18, 2012 at 1:03 pm

“But who is the One Leg Wonder? What does he stand for? Can he help me save some cash in any way whatsoever?” Hahahahaahaha!!

7. Jerry M.

December 18, 2012 at 1:15 pm

When I first heard about his tweet on finishing rehab I wondered who was behind it. There’s no way it came from Gordon because he has shown nothing but discontent since he was traded here. It wouldn’t have hurt him to make at least 1 trip down here for a home game to sit on the bench and cheer on his teammates.

8. xman20002000

December 18, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Everyone is making a big thing out of absolutely nothing… Everything will go through him…

9. Will

December 18, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I liked the joke about Eric Gordon being the one legged wonder. At this point, even if the latest tweet was a phony PR move, it’s better than everything we’ve heard or rather, haven’t heard from him lately. Whether or not he was sincere, a little initiative and acknowledgement on his part combined with getting back on the court will start to get the fans off his back. I’m still going to be cautiously optimistic with the hope that Demps will make the correct decision, whether that be making him one of our cornerstones or making a move.

10. Mike W

December 18, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Someone has too much time on his hands or not enough to write about. If I were a career counselor, which I’m not, I would recommend that you not pursue a career in writing humor.

• eddiehunter89

December 18, 2012 at 5:24 pm

That time of the month bro?

• Chris Trew

December 18, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I have a ton of time on my hands BECAUSE I’m a humor writer. The pursuit is over.

11. LLHOPS

December 18, 2012 at 6:03 pm

You think EG will tweet about the New Orleans Raugarou’s. Come on Eric, we really want to know what you think.

12. mateor

December 18, 2012 at 6:03 pm

I am interested in $10 DirectTV…

13. xman20002000

December 18, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Some of you are concerned about whether EG wants to play in New Orleans… Well he has 60,000,000 reasons to play here and a contract… Now playing hurt will definitely shorten his career and if the wrong moves are made render him a cripple… Stay positive and forget about tweets… getting him on the court is the most important thing…

14. MZURK

December 19, 2012 at 4:04 am

This was a cool article and well written.

However, personally, I don’t really care about what Eric Gordon might tweet about, latest update included.

Fun read though. Thanks.