Videos & Pictures from Hornets Vs Suns Summer League

Published: July 19, 2012

Austin Rivers and Greivis Vasquez talk after Hornets- Suns game in Vegas.

Austin Rivers

Greivis Vasquez

1. Nate

July 19, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Disappointed to not see Austin play, but I know he has to rest.
    His knees looked terrible.
    Impressed by Dyson’s play. Roberts is still chucking, but to a lesser extent.
    Bowles should definitely be on the roster come regular season.
    I’m interested to see what other moves Dell makes during the offseason.

2. Ron

July 19, 2012 at 6:01 pm

The videos are “off center”, having the right edge being chopped off. Thus, most of the YouTube controls are inaccessible.

July 19, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Let me know if that works, Ron.

If so, I’ll pass the embed parameters to Andrew.

It works for me on my computer, but it could render differently for you.

• Ron

July 20, 2012 at 4:18 pm

They’re on-center now. (I use FF, BTW.)

July 20, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Cool. We’ll roll with this until we learn more.

Thanks, Ron.

• Ron

July 20, 2012 at 9:15 pm

We’ll roll with this until we learn more.

I’d only be angry if you *didn’t* fix it… 🙂

July 20, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Anyone else having an inconvenient rendering of this, let us know.

3. John in MO

July 19, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Before I get to summer league comments, I just wanted to share Anthony Davis’ stat line from the US vs. UK exhibition game today:

13 Min 11Pts 5-7FG 4BLK 3REB 1AST Pretty Solid Line!

As for summer league, Lance Thomas is still the driving force behind the team. Socks is working very hard. Dyson looked good, as did Roberts. Henry was more aggressive, but still Henry. Darius led the team in +/- with +27, largely due to much more confident D. Overall, there is a lot to like about this young group. They should make training camp interesting.

• Banloo

July 19, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Why is everyone hating on Henry? I never thought he was that bad.

4. minniebooWHODAT

July 19, 2012 at 7:35 pm

The Clippers just signed Ryan Hollins. When are the hornets going to make a trade? We really need a center.

5. Mr. West

July 19, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Lose some weight, Bowles.

6. nicks65

July 19, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Austin Rivers seems like such a nice and genuine guy in his interviews.

7. Josh

July 20, 2012 at 12:12 am

Austin and Greivis are guys that make me like them more when interviewed. I know there are a lot of Austin Rivers haters and guys that don’t want him to succeed, but the thing that I always can relate to when people start saying that Rivers was the wrong pick is that he will not let himself be a bust. He is very determined and focused. Greivis was a steal in the Q-Pon trade last year. I think that if Spain could have had him (instead of Venezuela) to replace Rubio, the US would have a much tougher time.

• Ron

July 20, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Chris Kaman was a good, genuine interviewee but that didn’t turn him into a good C who played defence well and take good, accurate shots.

And that doesn’t make me a hater: I’ve seen hate and it’s scary. Having a low basketball opinion of someone doesn’t make me a hater.

8. J

July 20, 2012 at 10:08 am

Keep Rivers at SG because he stinks at PG but i like Brian Roberts he could be a steal.