Hornets Drinking Game

Published: March 1, 2011

The podcast discussion about “Jack Off the Hornets Bench” got me thinking about a comprehensive drinking game that might be fun to start while watching the away games.  So, here’s my stab at it.  Feel free to add rules that you think are a must. . .

1.  David West says, “And One!”                                                         1 drink

2.  Ref actually gives DWest the “and one.”                                           1 drink

3.  Chris Paul rolls the ball through the backcourt                                   1 drink

4.  Okafor or Ariza make a free throw                                                   1 drink

5.  Okafor blocks a shot                                                                      2 drinks

6.  Smith, Gray, or MBenga dunk                                                         2 drinks

7.  Chris Paul does a fake bounce pass                                                2 drinks

8.  Gray makes the “Aaron Gray Face”                                                  2 drinks

9.  Any alley-oop slam                                                                        3 drinks

10.  Chris Paul gets a technical for telling off a referee                            3 drinks

11.  Camera shot of Hornets fans at away games                                  3 drinks

12.  David West makes a three point basket                                        1/2 beer

13.  Announcers say, “Jack Off the Bench (Hornets Bench, etc.).”           1/2 beer

14.  David West dunks over a defender                                                  1 beer

This post was submitted by NolaHog.

1. Joe Gerrity

March 1, 2011 at 11:45 am

Excellent. I really hope this is done with beer and not liquor, or it could get really ugly.

Dare I say we have a plan for the next watch party?

2. Patrick Clay

March 1, 2011 at 1:17 pm

You gotta add “Chris Paul passes up a wide-open look”

• Hornet Seantonio

March 2, 2011 at 4:12 pm

wed be hammered mid way through the second

3. Jacob Greenberg

March 1, 2011 at 2:36 pm

What about adding “David West makes the half frustrated/half really confused face”

4. CP3 4 MVP

March 1, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Hahahaha, these are hysterical! It makes me sad that I passed up a trip to NoLa next week (I am going to carnival in Colombia, it was too tough to pass up)

Here’s a few of my additions:
    “Trevor Ariza makes a step back jumper” – 5 beers
    ” The Hornets score 120 points” – 5 beers
    “Chris Brussard/Ken Berger write about how CP should stay in NoLA” – Become an alcoholic
    ” An NBA superstar demands a trade to the Hornets” – Consume grain alcohol intravenously

• Hornet Seantonio

March 2, 2011 at 4:13 pm

if Ariza makes a mid range its gotta be least a beer, his mid range shot is laughable

• Joe Gerrity

March 2, 2011 at 5:37 pm

For a brief second I was worried that you were going to kill us all.

• NolaHog

March 13, 2011 at 8:45 am

Holy cow. I just read this reply. I’m crying I’m laughing so hard.

5. BOB

March 1, 2011 at 3:52 pm

Aaron gray picks up 2 fouls in 3 minutes
    Bellinelli pump fakes his defender into the air just to pass the ball to someone else

6. Hornet Seantonio

March 2, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Dont forget we need to drink when the refs screw up a goaltend or offensive interference call. And when they give the inbounds to the wrong team (thats gonna be awesome easily the most often made mistake by nba officials)

7. sit on my face

March 2, 2011 at 5:24 pm

1- drink everytime ariza drives to the basket and doesn’t finish

8. Pingback: Game On: Hornets @ Knicks | Hornets247.com

9. Mikey

March 3, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Quickest way to get completely smashed playing this game, just add this to the game:

15. Opposing team makes 3-point basket 1 shot of cheap canadian whiskey

10. Foureazy

March 8, 2011 at 4:31 pm

“Jack off the bench” gotta be worth more drinks than that. Lol, David West squints when he makes the half frustrated/half confused face. 1/2 drink.