Previous Post:
Next Post:

Hornets Trade Deadline Chat

Published: February 24, 2011

Come chat about the trade deadline all day with your friends from Hornets247.

1. hewhorocks

February 24, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Hmmm Hope something gets done.

2. FourtyGec

February 24, 2011 at 3:45 pm

craziest deadline ever? These 3 days where amazing!

Now i’m not that confident against the Thunders in the playoffs!!!

3. TopherPrice

February 24, 2011 at 3:48 pm

Being a Hornets fan at the trade deadline is like waiting for the Ghost Army to show in Lord of the Rings and it never happens. This ended in a Thud.

But on the bright side, with reports that Dwest will miss tomorrow’s game due to a death in the family, the Landry trade is pretty sweet for tomorrow… If Marcus will get his physical.

4. TopherPrice

February 24, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Thanks Dariusz for the banner. I had a version of the Spiderman cover they recreated for LBJ’s ESPN the Mag cover earlier this year. haha

5. benmez

February 24, 2011 at 4:18 pm

seriously its amazing how much people are overrating Perkins..who btw is coming of a serious knee injury that it still bothering him. Between Perkins and Ibaka they have no post threats whatsoever. Yes, they are tougher and more physical but that does not mean they are better.

Green was their most verastile player. He is the guy that gave us mathup nightmares and really burned us in the 4 games we played them. With no Green and no Kristic I am no worries about the Thunder at all.

• Holy Cow

February 24, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Does this move raise the chances OKC being a very serious bidder for DWest this offseason?

6. L_Reazy

February 24, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I hate getting my hopes up for trades to happen … booooo for today’s lack of transactions.

I’m happy with Landry I guess! So we’re left to embrace:

9-Smith
    10-Gray
    11-Andersen
    12-Mbenga
    13-Pondextor
    14-Banks

…against the rest of the West with the rotation stopping at 8 or 9-players.

L_REAZY

7. George

February 24, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I am curious to know why Hornets decided to pull out of the Indiana trade? Who were we giving away for Rush? We need a talented young player like him on this team

8. t_alexander01

February 24, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I would have liked to acquire Rush.

9. Kyle

February 24, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Denver has 5 centers active on the roster. I would have liked to see any of 2.5 of them in Hornets uniforms. I am happy with Landry, though. I’m also curious about the Rush trade. I would have loved to see Banks being sent out.

10. pinoy_hornet

February 25, 2011 at 12:21 am

ooh ooh OKC got perk and nazr!!!

11. Hornet

February 25, 2011 at 12:47 am

I fear OKC.

12. Joe Gerrity

February 25, 2011 at 12:19 pm

OKC doesn’t have a big man who can hit a 15 footer. It was a nice trade for them, but I really don’t think it’s quite as good as people are saying.

• JCS

February 25, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Well, it was good in that it levels the playing field in the EAST.