In the NO Podcast Ep. 253: Draft Fantasy

Published: May 6, 2016

Nick and I get together and run through what COULD happen if the Pelicans move up in the draft as part of the lottery. Because, you know, it could happen, right? We talk the top prospects, who the Pelicans could trade the 1st, 2nd or even 3rd picks for – and if we would make those trades.

Enjoy!

Like the Show or the Blog?

1. NolaWill

May 7, 2016 at 12:45 pm

You forgot about Andrew Wiggins!!

2. ryanschwan

May 9, 2016 at 12:57 pm

NolaWill I don’t think Minny would trade Wiggins for anything less than the first pick – and that would be a foolish thing for us to do.  Do you disagree?  Or were you hoping they would go for 3?

3. tzander01

May 9, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Agree with each of the assessments of pick vs. player. I wish Dell did as well ¯_(ツ)_/¯
    I’ll be tuned in May 17 to see where we land.

4. mjtaylo3

May 10, 2016 at 5:41 am

I felt like you two played off of each other really well.   Been listening to the pod for a few years now and I think Nick kind of filled that void left by Macnamara. Great episode guys looking forward to the draft lotto.

5. tdcreator

May 10, 2016 at 5:11 pm

I wouldn’t mind some players if we swapped picks. I’m not fired up about anyone after Ingram or Simmons. I’d trade Anything from 3 down with a player and swap picks or even 2 picks.

6. ryanschwan

May 11, 2016 at 10:40 am

mjtaylo3 Good to hear!  Thanks for the feedback!

7. ryanschwan

May 11, 2016 at 10:40 am

tzander01 Since we’ve had the podcast, I’ve gone back and forth on Jimmy Butler about 8 times.  I think he’s my tipping point.

8. 504ever

May 11, 2016 at 6:51 pm

What if we could trade for Batum on a new 3-year market contract?  What is the market price?

9. tzander01

May 11, 2016 at 8:16 pm

504ever Or we could just sign him outright and keep our pick. 🙂 He is unrestricted.

10. ryanschwan

May 13, 2016 at 8:01 am

tzander01 504ever The team would have to do some squirming to get enough space to get him though.  In my heart, I want Batum for his passing and just, simply, having a multi-skilled wing for the first time in a long time.  In my head – I’m not sure he’s enough of an impact guy to spend 20 mil on.

11. 504ever

May 15, 2016 at 7:03 pm

ryanschwan tzander01 504ever
    Others teams like the two playing today (Miami and Toronto) know how to get players who are “on the rise”.  If I thought we did, I would agree with you, Ryan, about Batum.  Dell has only shown me he can get replacement level players for free.  He hasn’t shown me he can sign quality players in roster spots 5-9 to low-cost deals.