New Orleans Pelicans MLE Tournament: First Round Results Are In

Published: June 15, 2014

First off, thank you to everyone who participated by voting and commenting on our matchups. Our writers worked hard to make the case for each of our 16 participants and now, thanks to your votes, we are ready to move on to the second round.

Results

Emeka Okafor (54% ) defeats Trevor Ariza (46%)

Kevin Seraphin (50.1%) defeats Marvin Williams (49.9%)

Jordan Hill (59%) defeats CJ Miles (41%)

Andray Blatche (67%) defeats Nick Young (33%)

Richard Jefferson (57%) defeats Spencer Hawes (43%)

Thabo Sefolosha (68%) defeats Caron Butler (32%)

Jordan Hamilton (82%) defeats Kris Humphries (18%)

PJ Tucker (80%) defeats Danny Granger (20%)

Round Two Will Begin Tomorrow with the Following Matchups

Emeka Okafor vs. Kevin Seraphin

Jordan Hill vs. Andray Blatche

Richard Jefferson vs. Thabo Sefolosha

PJ Tucker vs. Jordan Hamilton

Thank you for all your feedback and voting so far, and we look forward to wait you have to say moving forward.

1. eMariii123

June 15, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Seraphin beats Williams 50.1% to 49.9%
    Wow, that’s the epitome of “every vote counts”

2. MasonGinsberg

June 15, 2014 at 1:13 pm

eMariii123 ONE (or two) vote(s) away from going 3-3. So close!

3. adfly

June 15, 2014 at 1:40 pm

The two that had biggest margin of victory face of.

4. slapdoghoops

June 15, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I would have picked Humphries over Hamilton.  Pelicans need size.

5. 504ever

June 15, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I like the results.  Bring on big time round 2 match-ups.  I’ll likely vote for: Okafor, Blatche, Sefolosha, and Tucker.

6. Mr. West

June 15, 2014 at 11:44 pm

I voted for everyone of the winners except RJ over Hawes. Cool.

7. Michael McNamara

June 15, 2014 at 11:49 pm

504ever You mean that you will go into each matchup with an open mind and vote based on the arguments, right?
    Right?! lol

8. SamuelWhoDatWilcher

June 16, 2014 at 7:55 am

Is there a a way to let us know the total vote scores for each match up. I am curious if some match ups had much larger vote totals?

9. lsutigers33

June 16, 2014 at 8:35 am

I assume we won’t have the cash to look at Gordon hayward or Gorat at center?   What if we dump EG for nothing?

10. 504ever

June 16, 2014 at 9:00 am

Michael McNamara 504ever
    I mean I have my own independent point of view from watching the league and doing my own research on players.  For example, nothing anyone can say will make me vote against Tucker this round.   Is there anything anyone can say to make you vote against Tucker?

11. Michael McNamara

June 16, 2014 at 10:15 am

504ever Michael McNamara Personally, yes.
    I go into every conversation, article, debate, etc. hoping to be proven wrong. Only time I feel alive, because it means I have learned something new. Coming out of something with the same belief that I went into it with means I just wasted my time.
    Now, it takes a lot for me to change my mind, but when it happens, nothing makes me happier.

12. 504ever

June 16, 2014 at 12:07 pm

lsutigers33 There is  no way to dump Gordon for nothing.  His play is worth 1/3-1/2 of his contract (and that’s assuming no future injury issues!).  No team just takes that off your hands for nothing; you have to take back some salary significant $s (dead cap space), if you can trade Gordon at all.  The question is can you get a useful piece or shorter contract in trade?  If not, it may not be worth it to trade Gordon.

13. slapdoghoops

June 16, 2014 at 12:14 pm

504ever Michael McNamara Personally I do not think Tucker is that great.  He was only made to look good because of Phoenix’s style of play.  Signing him with the MLE will be as bad of a mistake as when NOH signed James Posey to a long term deal.  Remember that? Ugh!!

14. lsutigers33

June 16, 2014 at 4:07 pm

504ever lsutigers33   I think gordon hayward would be a good fit for this team if tyreke and jrue are the 1 and 2.

15. 504ever

June 16, 2014 at 9:30 pm

slapdoghoops 504ever Michael McNamara
    Posey was old AND we were the only team to offer him a 3rd year, which we had to do to sign him.  Tucker is a completely different situation (and he played under two different coaches in his two years at Phoenix!).