New Orleans Pelicans 2013 Draft

Published: June 27, 2013

[Updated]

Dell Demps Post Noel Draft, Pre Noel Trade.

Dell Demps is asked if he getting calls and could move the pick.  Dell response is that he doesn’t want to commit to anything right now but it is very fluid.

-Fans will not be able to wear Nerlens Pelicans or Nerlens in Nawlens shirts.

1. buzz boy

June 27, 2013 at 7:57 pm

jrue holiday to new orleans for nerlens

2. Clef504

June 27, 2013 at 8:02 pm

I don’t like that we gave up our 2014 pick. Hope it’s protected

• Major504

June 27, 2013 at 9:01 pm

Clef504 They gave it up because Pels plan on being in the playoffs and I can see that happening the more this off season comes together. You would rather have  19 yr old project over a 23 yr old all star. Where they do that at?

3. Cubancaniac

June 27, 2013 at 8:03 pm

im reading that its top 3 protected! but i wish it was maybe even top 7!

4. SilentJay321

June 27, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Why in the world did we make this trade for a slight upgrade over Vasquez? #Puzzling.

• JJacob

June 27, 2013 at 8:28 pm

SilentJay321 You’re joking right? You think Jrue Holiday, who by the way made the all star game at 23 this year, is a slight upgrade over Vasquez?

5. Clef504

June 27, 2013 at 8:15 pm

bancaniac I’m just going to have to wait for the official trade cause I’m hearing so many different reports.
    silentjay321 holiday is way better than Vasquez. I love the trade

• SilentJay321

June 27, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Clef504 His A/T ratio is not that good, his FG percentages are below average, doesn’t draw enough fouls.  Only place I see him as a clear upgrade is defense.

6. Cubancaniac

June 27, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Clef    yeah me too! but if you get the update let me know!

7. yaboytonez

June 27, 2013 at 8:38 pm

I hate this trade!!! We gave up 3 1st round picks for Jrue Holiday who has played 4 years and has been in 1 all star game. I say 3 picks because 2 from us and they kept their own 2013 pick. He has a 49.6%TS which is below the league average for scoring efficiency. He has poor shot selection, often shooting early in the shot clock & is a turnover machine at point guard! He has great D but you don’t trade 2 number 1s for that!

8. yaboytonez

June 27, 2013 at 8:40 pm

I am ticked off right now. Next years draft is supposed to be great. Why would you trade out of it for a project at a need position? This is not how you start a franchise off on a good path

9. yaboytonez

June 27, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Now we gotta endure yet another losing season or tank to keep the pick smh. All we got was the 42nd pick in a WEAK draft and Turnover Holiday

• NOLAbrah504

June 27, 2013 at 11:27 pm

yaboytonez you are the most insufferable person I’ve ever encountered on the internet.

• yaboytonez

June 28, 2013 at 3:37 am

As much as I want for however long I see fit that is the point of this forum. You seem not to like freedom of expression. There’s a real easy fix for that. Log off.

10. Major504

June 27, 2013 at 8:56 pm

This trade is about defense. Vasquez can’t play defense, he isn’t quick nor does he have a 6’7 wingspan. I love Vasquez, but defense wins championships.

11. Cubancaniac

June 27, 2013 at 9:20 pm

vasquez is likely out in a trade now for a sf… or at absolute worse he can be our version of manu (hopefully withouth the turnovers)

12. saZam2

June 27, 2013 at 10:28 pm

An All Star player or a weaker version of AD that is hurt.  gimme da all star everyday
    and y’all talkin about next years pick, how often do you get an all star from a pick… exhibit A: Austin Rivers.  granted he still learning, but picks are no where near guaranteed all star caliber.

13. fearthepelicans

June 28, 2013 at 2:50 pm

I probably would have preferred to keep Nerlens, but trading for an All-Star PG doesn’t exactly have me crying.