In the NO Podcast Episode 103: Austin Rivers and Taking your Calls

Published: December 9, 2012

Michael and I review the last two games, answer some of your questions sent in on our new hotline, and then preview the Wizards and Thunder. (again?) Oh, and Anthony Davis is coming back this week!

If you want to sound off, give us a call! We may use it in our next podcast! 504-322-3333.

Enjoy the Podcast! Want it on Itunes?

1. Mike P

December 10, 2012 at 1:18 am

I wish they made a stat that tracked the amount of seconds a player has the ball on offense, because it’d partially explain why Vasquez has so many assists per game. He certainly has very good vision as well, so it’s not all ball dominance. I really do like him, but not as a primary ball-handler on a starting unit

2. selim sivad

December 10, 2012 at 8:54 am

I think Vasquez is the best SG the hornets have without EG. Monty just started to think about it.

3. Michael McNamara

December 10, 2012 at 10:03 am

Two things:

1.) Now that I see AJ Price is out, I change my Wizards prediction. Hornets by 8.

2.) The next ‘In the NO’ will be all about trade rumors, proposed deals, etc. since December 15th is coming up. If you have any trade proposals you want to pitch, call in and leave a message so Ryan and I can discuss them. Thanks

• steve ciro

December 10, 2012 at 3:13 pm

you are down right…

4. comedian missy

December 10, 2012 at 12:41 pm

I cant help but notice how much Austin Rivers licks his lips during his interviews. They must taste good anyway people need to ease up on him & allow him to adjust. Peeps might be giving him a hard time because of who his dad is but his previous performance speaks for itself eh?

5. Durtnificent

December 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Question for you. I’m still kind of new at studying the team and trying to transition my mind to stay away from just seeing W’s and L’s and looking at box score. I watch games and tend to try to process everything at once and come out, admittedly, overwhelmed. So in you alls opinion, who should I watch for and what should I wach for for said player in the next 2 games? Thanks.

6. nolahog

December 10, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Aren’t we about at the end of the “6 weeks” that Eric Gordon needed for rehab?

7. okithor

December 10, 2012 at 5:38 pm

One thing I noticed about Vasquez is the guy is always fumbling the ball from the big on the initial catch from a rebound, steal, etc… This split second allows the defense to recover and the Hornets can’t get out and run. What is the deal? Just catch the ball and go.

• xman20002000

December 10, 2012 at 10:56 pm

Our back court players never catch and shoot… Is it confidence or coaching… Even Rivers needs to shoot more… We can teach a course in dribbling…

8. Bigeauz

December 12, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Love the Rivers/Parker comparison. I think that’s what Monty wants Rivers to be. And Parker didn’t exactly light it up when he first got into the league.