In the NO Podcast Episode 98: Talking Eric Gordon and the Suns with Valley of the Suns

Published: November 22, 2012

Michael Schwartz of the Valley of the Suns blog and DraftExpress.com joins us to talk about Eric Gordon and his team going into the game between Phoenix and New Orleans on Friday.  His offer for Gordon was really good.  Of course, the Hornets can’t trade Gordon to the Suns anyways per league rules. Sigh.

Enjoy the Podcast! Want it on Itunes?

1. Hornets4life

November 22, 2012 at 7:31 am

Eric Gordon will probably be injury prone for is entire career, Knee injuries are like back injuries, they never fully go away. Any knock to the knee or slight tweak would probably set it off again. Its really up to the players mental toughness to whether they can just fight it and play. Eric Loves to get inside in traffic and get to the basket which can cause more knocks to his knee. Eric is 23 so he can still re-model his game and probably lose abit more upper body weight to lesson the stress on his knee, he would likely need to become more of a jump shooter and stay away from the traffic in the paint. At this stage by the time he gets back we will likely be firmly in the lottery race if not already, it will be interesting to see what happens. I don’t believe he will be traded during this season, his trade value is simply to low.

2. Mike P

November 22, 2012 at 11:13 am

I was thinking about this yesterday.. I know it sounds crazy, but Prokhorov clearly doesn’t care about money. How would a Gordon for Humphries/Brooks trade sound? Their frontcourt isn’t uber deep, so maybe throw in J Smitty and just figure out some fillers to make contracts match. I don’t want Humphries, nor do I want to trade Smith, but the Nets could move Gordon or Johnson to the bench, and maybe even go with a three guard lineup at times. Humphries’ contract is up 1 year before Gordon’s is, and frankly, I just want Gordon gone so we can move on.

• Mike P

November 22, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Is this trade not feasible? I have trouble judging trade value, but it seems rational: we dump 1-2 years of a max salary, grab a guy who could come off of the bench and score, and Brooklyn can afford Gordon.

Someone please give me thoughts here. I know it’s not an attractive trade for us, but I just don’t think we’re gonna get much for Gordon

• Michael McNamara

November 22, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I would do it in a heartbeat, but Nets are already paying their backcourt 40 million per year, they wouldn’t.

What you gotta do is convince the Kings that they need a face of the franchise and offer Gordon for Tyreke and Francisco Garcia’s expiring deal. Maybe you keep Tyreke, maybe you dont. Worst case scenario is he leaves this summer and you have 30 mil in cap room

• Mike P

November 22, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Gordon’s a pretty efficient scorer, so I’m not sure the Kings would want him

3. Mike P

November 22, 2012 at 11:14 am

It’s hard to think that Gordon would be happy in that role, but at least he’d be in a mega-market on a good team

• Hornetsky

November 23, 2012 at 4:09 am

Who cares of his happiness??? Hornets fans are very very very unhappy about him right now…

• Mike P

November 23, 2012 at 3:56 pm

I don’t care if he’s unhappy, but he has to approve any trade this year, so it factors in

4. JayDogon

November 22, 2012 at 11:40 am

That Cybernetics Joke was hilarious Ryan, you might wanna give Michael some pointers on making jokes LOL. This podcast kinda scared me though, I thought the Suns would be worse than they are and actually put up an avi wager with a Suns fan and he’s gonna make me use Chief Keef or Lil B for a week if I lose…………… PLEASE WIN, HORNETS! Lol

• Andrew Smith

November 22, 2012 at 11:53 am

WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF???? Those two are horrible.

• JayDogon

November 22, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I know man, SMH. But I just believe in the Hornets LOL. I already lost one to a 76er fan this season and had to have a Jrue Holiday avi for a week. If we play like that against the Suns I’m NEVER doing another avi wager again.

5. Pingback: Preview: New Orleans Hornets (3-7) at Phoenix Suns (5-7)