« Hornets Announce Summer League Roster
Hornets Anthony Davis Reveals This Was His First Time Being Cut
We spoke with Anthony Davis about being cut, his ankle, and more, at Team USA practice out in Las Vegas.
Here are some highlights from the interview–
- He’s still rehabbing and hopes to play either Tuesday or Wednesday
- Davis said his ankle is now about 80-85%, which is better than three days ago when the ankle was 65-70%.
- After giving it some thought, he said that this was the first time he’d been cut from a basketball team. There are worse teams to be cut from, I guess. He agreed it was an unusual feeling.
- He said he’s impressed with “all the guys” on the Select Team, mentioning DeMarcus Cousins, Kyrie Irving, John Wall, DeMar DeRozen, and Lance Thomas.
- Said Lance is playing great defense and making open shots. “He’s just out there going hard, being physical, and doing what he did best”
- He’s frustrated not being able to play, and said the last time he played a game was the championship. It’s the longest he’s gone without being on the court in competition.
- “It’s been great” playing against the best players in the world.
- First impression on Coach K– “Great coach, down to businesses”
- He said nothing has surprised him so far about his experience there.
- Monty apparently didn’t tell him anything specific to work on, and just to go out there, learn, enjoy the experience.
- Las Vegas is “too hot outside”.
- Anything besides basketball he’s been doing? “Eating”
Honestly he isn’t the most interesting interviewee. He seems to enjoy keeping secrets, and admits that he has a few– one being his training regimen.