A Message to the Naysayers

Published: April 17, 2012

Jason has a little something for all those who said “nay” or something like it . . .

Kiss my Creole blue ass.

1. okithor

April 17, 2012 at 2:16 am

lol. I think things are looking up. Our current roster isn’t as bad as the record, we have a local owner, a future All-Star game, and I have a feeling that the ping pong balls will be magically guided by Stern’s hand to give us the #1 pick.

2. Jordan

April 17, 2012 at 7:06 am

LOL

3. Chuck

April 17, 2012 at 10:08 am

Stay classy, Jason

4. Patrick Clay

April 17, 2012 at 11:15 am

I approve this post

5. coach44

April 17, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Oh god, I have to get that image out of my head!

6. kempleton

April 17, 2012 at 12:59 pm

🙂 What’s with the name change? Any news on that? Just change the team colors to black and gold and keep the name as is. A hornet from a bee family should have black-yellow colors anyway, right? This would also allow the city to maintain unity in colors for both Saints and Hornets.

April 17, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Sounds like Benson is asking for a waiver for the 25 month waiting time as part of the sale. There is evidence that the might get it.

Regardless, it’ll happen by tip-off 2014-2015.

One would think they’d want to have it in place for the 2014 ASG so Brand X gets the benefit going forward. It was also raised to me that the ASG would be a good unveiling event. I’m not sure if they’d do that mid year, but it’s reasonable.

7. QueenBee

April 17, 2012 at 3:43 pm

Yeah, I think the waiting time should be allowed to be waived when a team moves or gets a new owner. If a team wants to just change a name just to change a name, then no, let the waiting period stand.

8. DownUnder

April 17, 2012 at 6:25 pm

why do i imagine Joe’s crawfish saying this haha

9. J

April 17, 2012 at 7:08 pm

They’re two trades that would be interesting

once the New Orleans ? draft Davis or Gilchrist.The Celtics will want our pick 10th overall trade Okafor,Jarrett Jack and Xaiver Henry for the Celtics 20th overall and 42nd overall i doubt Rondo is not going to be in this trade just to let you know.Then trade Ariza to Golden State for their 29th overall pick.If they get Gilchrist then draft Fab Mello at 20,Draymond Green at 29 and Scott Machado at 42

Possible roster with free agents
    C Kaman or Javele McGee-Mello-Smith
    PF Humphries or Bass-Ayon-Green
    SF Batum-Gilchrist-Aminu
    SG Gordon-Fields-Bellineli
    PG Dragic-Vasquez-Machado

OR
    Same trades but with Davis drafted at 20 Tony Wroten,at 29 C.J Leslie and at 42 Robert Sacre

C Kaman or McGee-Smith-Sacre
    PF Davis-Humphries or Bass-Ayon
    SF Batum-Aminu-Leslie
    SG Gordon-Belineli-Fields
    PG Dragic-Vasquez-Worten

10. Lucas Ottoni

April 18, 2012 at 2:10 am

I just think the Hornets’ history should be respected. I totally disagree that change the franchise’s name, but I will never stop to love New Orleans because of it.

• David

April 18, 2012 at 9:55 am

It’s not our history. Send that back to Charlotte. That name never should have left North Carolina, just as the Jazz should have never left NOLA.

11. Pingback: Select-a-Seat Weekend 2012 | New Orleans Hornets | Hornets247.com

12. Pingback: Hornets Beat: Looking Back at 2012 | New Orleans Hornets | Hornets247.com