A special message to those who said New Orleans couldn’t

Published: April 14, 2012

For about eight years, New Orleans fans of the Hornets have had to endure a continuous commentary about the unsuitability of their city for an NBA team.  At times, it’s felt like 80% of sportswriters and commentators with a national audience have talked about the inevitability of the Hornets leaving the Bayou.

We’re not going to hear any mea culpas, so instead I’m just going to do this:

1. Taquito

April 14, 2012 at 10:42 am

Well done haha

2. NOLA_Fredo

April 14, 2012 at 10:48 am

Just yesterday, I made the mistake of turning PTI on to hear their “thoughts” on the sale of the Hornets. First 20 seconds were all how the NBA could survive with 4 less teams and how the Hornets should have been contracted long ago.

Just gotta accept the fact that no one will ever appreciate/like this team but us — until they win it all. Then they’ll say they’re glad the Hornets were never moved and how great it is for New Orleans, etc….

April 14, 2012 at 10:49 am

If you feel you’ve got the best of ESPN basketball writers right here at Hornets247, you will find thousands around the world who agree.

3. Jason Calmes

April 14, 2012 at 10:48 am

Thanks, Ryan.

I have one ready to fire, as well, but being the detail-oriented little troll that I am, I’m saving it for the end of the end, rather than the beginning of the end.

This is the beginning of the end, make no mistake about it. We’re not going to get Shinned, or Maloofed, or Merueloed.

4. usufruct

April 14, 2012 at 11:55 am

The relative silence from the peanut gallery, e.g., espn, is deafening. Punks.

5. Nick Malone aka yankeesman77

April 14, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Like Daniel Bryan does, I am YES! YES! YES! YES’ing in the streets here on Long Island due to Tom Benson being the owner of the Hornets.

6. QueenBee

April 14, 2012 at 12:16 pm

I love it! LOL!

7. LaNative

April 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Louisianians have always survived in spite of the odds (some self-imposed), but there is a “Can Do” spirit among them and I’m glad that Benson and the fan base have stepped up AGAIN and are proving the naysayers wrong! I like what Demps and Williams bring to the table and now that Benson owners the team I will have an open mind and expect him to do nothing but make the Hornets winners. Yes, we have a lot to prove but to no one but ourselves because we’ve know all along what others doubt and criticize and that is that population never takes the place of heart and that’s what the Hornets have is HEART!!!

8. thechosenuno

April 14, 2012 at 1:01 pm

AMEN!

9. BIGBREED

April 14, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Ol’ Happy Day!

10. usufruct

April 14, 2012 at 11:12 pm

I taunt you a second time!!! Punks.

11. Pingback: One Last Look Back at Summer 2012 | New Orleans Hornets | Hornets247.com