Game On: 76ers @ Hornets (With Live Pre-Game and In-Game Chat)

Published: January 4, 2012

Join us starting at 6:40 CT to discuss the Hornets and 76ers. Gordon will play.

The Chat will start at approximately 6:45 and continue throughout the game.

Notes From the Arena

• Ariza is out.
  • Gordon was upgraded from day-to-day to questionable for tonight’s game. He remains a game-time decision. He was taking shots and in basketball attire for the shootaround earlier.
  • Earlier today the Hornets completed a three way trade that landed them Xavier Henry (inactive tonight). It cost the Hornets their 2013 second round pick, which Memphis paired with their own future second rounder to land Marreese Speights from the 76ers in a three-way deal. Odd trade by Philly to say the least.
  • In all the games Chris Paul played in New Orleans he never put up 27 points+, 11 assists+, 5 rebs+, AND 2 blocks+.
  • Read about the Hornets efforts to Save Our Sons utilizing basketball.
  • The Hornets are leading the NBA is both offensive rebounds and total rebounds.

1. D$

January 4, 2012 at 5:11 pm

air gordons twitter says ready to go…

2. Leonel

January 4, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Welcome Xavier!

3. JayTea

January 4, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I like Xavier, I really like this trade, and I love Dell Demps. Go Hornets!

• CarnbY

January 4, 2012 at 5:54 pm

I like it too! I was hoping that the Hornets would get Xavier in the draft last season. He turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, but I’m hoping Monty will do a good job developing the young guys.

• usufruct

January 5, 2012 at 11:40 am

I’m not sure if Monty can develop young guys, unfortunately. He really has no choice now, so we’ll see.

4. Jason Calmes

January 4, 2012 at 5:48 pm

Free pair to tonight’s game if someone wants to go . . .

Also, we’ll be giving a pair to Friday’s game away in the chat . . .

• Chris

January 4, 2012 at 6:27 pm

Man I wish I lived in NO, I always see you giving away tickets on here, and I would love to be able to go.

January 4, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Well, we are going to be doing stuff for our out of town folks, as well. Don’t worry.

We are here for all fans, foreign and domestic. Stay tuned, ya’hear?!

5. EJ

January 4, 2012 at 5:59 pm

The hornets are undefeated when eric gordon plays!! Keep it up!!

And when do you think our supposed starting lineup will play together (jack,gordon,ariza,landry,okafor)?

6. DownUnder

January 4, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Have we just gotten Xavier Henry for only a 2013 second rounder? If so GREAT work Dell!!!

7. J

January 4, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Can someone tell how to answer the hint on the hornetsreport.com because i’m trying to sign up on there?

January 4, 2012 at 9:33 pm

What is the question?

I’d write the admins there . . . it’s a different set of folks, as you will soon find out.

8. J

January 4, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I thought i was watching comedy central but actually i watching the Hornets blew another lead.The misfits toys for christmas strikes again dang this team stinks.

9. nolahog

January 4, 2012 at 11:33 pm

Once again, the Hornets compete well, but choke when it’s close at the end. Pepper in the semi-regular 76ers luck shots, and you’ve got a recipe for another loss. Gordon looks great if he can just get the turnovers under control. Aminu also looked a lot more comfortable out there tonight. I think we’ll tighten it up before Denver. That’s going to be a VERY tough game. All in all, I still like what I’m seeing from the team. The defense is solid, we just need to polish up on the offensive end.