In the NO Podcast Episode 34: Onward March!

Published: May 5, 2011

Ryan and Michael talk about the roster, what players should or shouldn’t stick around, how to handle West and Landry, express their hopes for the team, and Ryan goes all downer and almost makes Michael want to cry.

Really. You know how Michael is.

Enjoy the Podcast! Want it on Itunes?

1. 42

May 6, 2011 at 9:59 am

I think the gravity is appropriate.

I also think Ryan’s assessment of the D West + Chris Paul situation is correct. If he just walks, we are toast, so spend your time extracting value from whomever receives Chris. He, of course would have to agree to a sign-and-trade to extract value.

What about West signing an extension, and flipping him and Okafor, and maybe Ariza, before the CBA. Sell the team on the potential of West and the value.

I don’t like it, but it’s an option.

2. chiefyoungblood

May 6, 2011 at 12:58 pm

who Yi Jialin ? he’s is the Asian J Smith .

Why is no one including you two or Mark Cuban worried about Chandler breaking down again, your not gonna wanna be the one over paying him by the middle of next year.

Nazr Mohammed I think is the only NBA player currently in the league with bitch tits, not saying I hate him . It’s just distracting

for the record I enjoy the CBA talk. I need the education .

I think that Stephen Jackson idea is much more sound than the Oden , Roy trade, especially since I think i’d move us up to I think 17th in the draft giving us a shot at a guy like Trey Thompkins or Farried . And yes Stephen Jackson is getting older but you can’t tell me he would show up a little more inspired next to Chris Paul not the mention HE WILL WIN YOU A PLAYOFF GAME ( in the name of full disclosure , i know the contract is turrible but I love the guy, Capt. Jack , Mr. I make love the pressure, plus he’d love New Orleans ).

Westbrook is a Joke .

When you were talking about cheaper free agent options you take a risk on and hope the out perform themselves I would but Jonas Jerberko at the top of that list ( a definite upgrade over smith as 3rd PF ) I also really like former D-League MVP Reggie Williams

• Michael McNamara

May 6, 2011 at 2:30 pm

Jerebko would be interesting depending on his injury status. However, I really think Ewing, Jr. could give them minutes at the 3/4 for cheaper and he is redonkoulously athletic.

3. paul

May 6, 2011 at 1:25 pm

anybody that doesn’t think Gray is worth a 3 million/yr contract is nuts!
    Are you guys for real?
    I mean, did I actually hear you say this?
    A 7 foot tall wide body that knows how to play the defensive angles is not worth 3 million a year!?
    In this day and age!
    Oh, my lord…what a strange place indeed.

• Michael McNamara

May 6, 2011 at 2:28 pm

Gray could be worth 3 mil per year on a team that would use him. I just dont think the Hornets are that team. If I knew Monty would play him 800-1000 minutes per year, then he is worth it. But if West/Okafor/Landry are gonna get all 96 minutes at PF/C, then I would rather spend the money elsewhere.

• paul

May 6, 2011 at 2:51 pm

well…IF Monty STILL doesn’t get it after now, which I think he does, then I agree….and that’s a sad, sad thing.
        Without a big center with Gray’s skill, the team is going nowhere.
        I mean, please…would anybody think this team could win with those three as the middle bigs!?

4. BHA

May 6, 2011 at 2:29 pm

You guys were talking about a situation if Chris Paul was to be trade, What about Golden State and Stephen curry? That would have appeal for CP3 to team up with Monta Ellis. Personally Curry is who I would want but hopefully it doesnt come to that. I cant see West passing on that last yr in his contract but the situation with Landry been a Free Agent is a tough one. We have never had someone calling the shots like Dell Demps before, he is going to make the most of his resources. IN DELL WE TRUST!

5. blackmagic

May 6, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Wat do u guys think of this trade:
    NOH / CHA / POR

*We dont resign landry & CHA gets a pick from someone
    Thoughts?

• 504ever

May 8, 2011 at 10:05 am

Makes no sense for anyone. The Hornets are the only ones with a net influx of talent, but they trade their only true center to get two power forwards and a huge increase in their salary cap. They also ship out two trade exemptions. This trade = NEVER.

Also, if the CBA does lower overall salaries, trade exections become more valuable under the new CBA. They will allow you to get an even better player(s) on your roster if you want to pay him.

6. edbballin504

May 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm

That was a great Podcast guys! Really enjoyed it…was hoping it would never end. Keep up the good work.

7. Gec

May 9, 2011 at 4:31 am

Yi Jian Lian?!?!?! MMc do you know how he made his practices with the team that could have drafted him? AGAINST A CHAIR!