My Worries about Just Passing it Along…

Published: February 22, 2011

A few days ago I was given information from a reliable inside source that talks were ongoing between the Hornets and Cavaliers and I felt conflicted about posting the information on this site. My sources integrity could not have been compromised, so that was not the concern, as much as the fact that I simple do not like this new age idea of news reporters becoming news makers and sometimes it is hard to see that line.

With social media, twitter, blog sites, etc. word travels faster than ever and it is no longer good to report on a story; instead, you have to be the one to break it. Yeah, we have a few stories on Melo this morning, but really read over the majority of those stories. The first few paragraphs talk about the trade, but then the focus turns on: What’s NEXT? Denver might move Danillo, the Knicks will be going after CP3 or D-Will. This trade might lead to Troy Murphy landing in X city, Ray Felton is going to Y……. and on and on and on. Nobody wants to read about today, they just want the scoop on tomorrow.

I hold off on that type of journalism for the most part, but I do feel an obligation to report on things I hear from time to time when they come from somebody I trust. Somebody I trust told me 4 days before draft night that Darren Collison would be the pick, so I let it be known on several Hornets web sites. I was also told that MT5 would be a target either late in the 1st or early in the second. I reported that too.

I was told several days before this year’s draft that Pattrick Patterson would be the pick if the Hornets stayed at 11 (and believe me, he would have been) and that the three targets after the trade went down were Quincy Pondexter, Larry Sanders, and Craig Brackins. I let this be known right before the unfortunate draft day crash of Hornets247.

I am not trying to brag or justify my track record, I am just pointing out that I have shared in the past and I would likely share again, but I am conflicted on this as a member of the media. Why can’t we just wait? Why can’t fans just enjoy the present without needing speculation on events that might or might not happen? Why does an article about a trade whisper I heard get 5 times as many views as a solid piece that breaks down Okafor’s value to the team or an examination of Chris Paul’s clutch time stats?

This is part of why I am conflicted. The other part resides in the fact that I know 99% of things that are discussed never come to fruition. This is why I tend to only pass along the draft day rumblings that I hear, because teams have more control in that setting. The Hornets had a general idea of who would be available at #21 and because of that, it was pretty clear that Collison would be a Hornet. The trade front is so much more fluid and unpredictable, however. Every GM is a car salesman, and they have 29 customers they are simultaneously capable of negotiating with. I have heard dozens of stories where a deal appears to be done, and then minutes later the rug is pulled out from underneath them and a swap takes place between two other teams.

I know Demps talked to Cavs GM Chris Grant, but what I can’t tell you is how many other people each man talked to that day, or that week. This is why I personally feel uncomfortable passing the information along, and only do so if the conversations are passed the preliminary stage. Whether you choose to believe them or not is your choice, but I personally vow that I will never create something or pass along a rumor that comes from a source that I do not know or trust.

Full disclosure, I do not recieve any payment for this job and likely never will. We take all of the money that the site creates and invest it back into the site so that Hornets fans can have a credible, efficient blog that has the resources of a ESPN at their disposal. I have no desire to make a name for myself in this field, and in all honesty, if I wanted to be a full time NBA columnist for a major paper or website, I would have no problem getting that position. I have quality connections, am a relatively good looking guy in a field that has a bevy of “radio faces”, and a wealth of knowledge on the NBA.

I will never go that route, however, and therefore I have no incentive to fabricate stories just to drive up page views. I do this because I have the ability to do it and because I am privy to some information that others do not recieve and I feel a responsibility to pass it along when I deem it beneficial. The conflict is always there, however, and I don’t know whether I will be more forthcoming in the future, or if I will maintain my reluctance. But what I want all the readers to know, above all else, is that when I do disclose, you should know that I have done my homework and I will release any information with the upmost integrity.

By the way, has anybody heard the one about the Hornets trading CP3 straight up for D-Will?

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at yourself.

1. nikkoewan

February 22, 2011 at 10:51 am

thanks Mike πŸ˜€ i defended your integrity in RealGM when one of the posters questioned(like many others have) your sources and that you were just merely creating a rumor.. I totally believe in what you say, and please don’t stop doing it πŸ™‚

2. GeauxHornets88

February 22, 2011 at 10:57 am

First of all, I wanted to thank you for the indirect complement (as the author of the “Okafor’s value to the team” article). Nice to know my writing (also for absolutely no profit) is appreciated by some people as well.

That being said, I couldn’t agree more with this write-up. I guess the intrigue of the unknown and “what could be” is more interesting and exciting than “what is.” Just know that whenever posts are made with real qualitative or quantitiative information, there are tons of readers who do value that insight and really enjoy reading it.

3. Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 11:42 am

Mac dont know if this is focused at the retards on hornetsreport, but dont let them get you down. thats why they are on hornetsreport, to associate with other retards.

• Michael McNamara

February 22, 2011 at 12:17 pm

This wasn’t a retort to anybody in particular, and I probably would have written this article even if everybody had nothing but positive things to say.

This has just been something that I am conflicted with all the time. If it were up to me, I would love to break down film on this site, do scouting reports, talk about the CBA, etc. but the numbers show that is not what people want to read and/or talk about.

So I am conflicted about whether to write about my passions or do I serve the audience? I try to do both and I try to be objective. I expect people to disagree and I expect people to not care about what my opinion is at times- I mean, after all, who the heck am I?

But I do want to emphasize that I will not mislead anybody, and I have no desire to be praised if and when I do give a “scoop” either.

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Its all good and everybody on 247 and other sites appreciate any little tidbit of “inside” info we can get. Gives you something to be excited about. I like the majority of what i read on this site, i get little irked when i read a article from ryan where he posts these stats that i dont have any clue where he could have gotten them or who would have taken the time or cared enough to record them, so i take them as fact. but for the most part the analysis is pretty spot on and the arguments remain civil. Its hard to truly analyze anything in basketball when there are a million factors at work that nobody can truly comprehend and form an honest opinion about. Thats why trades are so easy and people like them its ariza for collison its simple it makes sense its fact. Saying jason smith is better than mbenga brings up 103923042394023 other things that you have to consider, im ramblin but 247 for life.

• nikkoewan

February 22, 2011 at 12:38 pm

personally(being an aspiring GM) i’d love it if the site could do play breakdowns, scouting reports, talk about CBA, and the like. that’s why i love this site. its not just the people, its the content. πŸ™‚ not only is it legit, its fun and entertaining! πŸ™‚

• Ryan Schwan

February 22, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I live to anger you Hornet Seantonio. Just so you know, almost every stat I cite on this site comes from the following sources:

82games.com
        Basketball-reference.com
        Hoopdata.com

Rarely, I’ll look at basketballvalue.com or Wages of Wins.(there are a couple sites to get that data)

The only data I ever use that isn’t publicly available is from Synergy sports. I think I’ve used their stuff maybe twice total.

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 12:51 pm

lol i have searched like twice to confirm some of your stats Ryan never been able to find any of them. You are definitely the stat man

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm

And fyi you don’t anger me, we just come from two completely different ways of looking at basketball. I feel like stats pretty much always lie in practically every situation because they dont take enough in account. More or less my issues with your articles when you cite a stat and it feels like you dont leave it open ended for discussions its like youve cut it off right there as his per is this, his is this, he is more efficient period.

4. Joe P

February 22, 2011 at 11:43 am

It’s like a casual college sports fan. They only care about the top 25 or BCS contenders and the like. In the NBA when there are 23-26 teams that aren’t contenders many fans are more interested in the player moves/power shifts than what’s happening on the court. I’d love an in depth comparison of Dirk, LaMarcus, Jason Smith, and D-West in the pick and pop scenario, but I understand that many fans would rather hear about “juicy rumors.” Toss in that a lot of media folks (like Colin Cowherd) are stuck in the 20th century where only big traditional media markets are interesting nationally, and I can understand that “journalists” are more concerned with massaging some marketing algorithm passed down from their employer than real analysis.

If it makes a difference, non-sports, political-type “news” is worse. At least in the NBA if something happens it usually gets reported, and there a ton of blogs that break down what’s actually happening. Politics, war, and economy-type reporters’ lack of journalism is a huge problem for our democracy.

5. AgentZiko

February 22, 2011 at 12:08 pm

I couldn’t believe all the flack Mike was getting for what he heard. I had to deal with similar stuff with my “source”. And because I saw how much grief people gave him, I called my source last night and got a call back just now.

For those of you who are bashing Mike, I’ve got BREAKING NEWS for you, confirmed MINUTES ago with my good friend who is my source as well, the Hornets have a deal in place with the Cleveland Cavaliers to acquire Antawn Jamison, but are looking for a 3rd team to get involved and THAT IS WHY they have spoken to Milwaukee about Corey Maggette, why they are in talks with Charlotte about Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace.

They are ALSO reportedly in conversations with:

Denver for JR Smith
    New Jersey for Travis Outlaw
    Atlanta for Marvin Williams
    And Houston for Terrence Williams

They want a better option than Moon in return for Ariza. But the biggest motivation in this trade is shipping JARRETT JACK out of town who is extremely disgruntled, unhappy with his playing time. (Not to mention who was just charged with a DUI this past weekend).

Like Mike says, RUMORS happen ALL the time. NONE of this might come to fruition. But since it looks like it’s going to, how are you guys going to feel with those comments directed towards a person WHEN THEY WERE RIGHT?

• nikkoewan

February 22, 2011 at 12:16 pm

WOW so it means Sessions is really in the deal? out of that crop i’d love Terrence Williams the most. He’d be young, and as Mike said a quasi all star. since he’s a young SF, i can see him blossoming under Monty’s tutelage especially after the season is over. Man.. if Demps can pull a rabbit out of a hat during this trade deadline, i’d be damn mad if he won’t win Exec of the Year. i mean TRANSFORMING the Hornets roster over the period of a year is so hard. Great pick up Ziko! hope i had sources such as yours

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I cant wait for it all to come true, ill make another hreprt account and tell them all to eat my shorts. and macs shorts =) The names you mention i like all except marvin williams but i could live with it. but jr and terrence are shooting guards so they wouldnt replace a hole made by arizas absence. w/e happens im excited and this is pretty bad ace

• njennings

February 22, 2011 at 12:25 pm

I’ve been hearing a lot about Gerald Wallace to the hornets. I really hope its true.

• Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Wow props for the info Ziko Twill wud be huge for us

• AgentZiko

February 22, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Just taking a crack at what it COULD maybe look like?

• nikkoewan

February 22, 2011 at 12:43 pm

that trade seems to be too lopsided in our favor :)) plus battier is reportedly being talked about by celts and rockets. πŸ˜›

• Michael McNamara

February 22, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Only trade I could make that:

A) All teams would likely accept
      B) Wouldn’t put Hornets over the tax line

CP3/Sessions
      Green/MT5
      Maggette/Jamison
      West/Jamison/Sanders
      Okafor/Gray/Sanders

Completely changes the structure of the team and locks the Hornets in to that unit financially. I would personally say no, but if you can substitute Gerald Wallace for Maggette, I would go all in.

Man, I can’t wait for Thursday to get here and the deadline to pass! Remember, join us here starting at 10 CST for an all day chat on Thursday.

• Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Idk about everyone else but i love that deal Mac.It leaves us wit really no back up SF but we become a better team imo. Our bench is transformed into something dangerous and i like the addition of Sanders

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 1:10 pm

wt deuce for whatever reason the trade machine wont open up. I hope to god the chat function we are gonna use for the trade deadline on thursday works with the computers at work. We have like 9billion restricted sites and we get these infractions for trying to access one. 247 is in the clear though =)

• ur_gmas_daughter

February 22, 2011 at 2:25 pm

I’m not diggin the trade Mac made I gotta be honest. Maggette & Jamison are on there way down unless they re-discover the fountain of youth a la Grant Hill. I woulda made a trade for them 4-5 years ago.

My main concern is that our D suffers badly without Ariza. Putting Cor-Mag at the 3 slows us down and we no longer have a lock down defender in Ariza. I wish we could get a 2 and back-up 4/5 without giving up Ariza but maybe Im over valuing defense and Monty’s system

6. Dariusz Ejkiewicz

February 22, 2011 at 12:21 pm

Don’t Pass it along. We don’t need another Melo-Drama… People get too much into this whole trade bonanza and act like this is Nba Live 1997.

@AgentZiko: All of those names sound a bit too good to be true. What’s the downside of this? Are we trading some picks in order to get the pieces in place?

• AgentZiko

February 22, 2011 at 12:38 pm

My guess will be MT5 will be part of it as a downside.

• AgentZiko

February 22, 2011 at 12:42 pm

Dariusz, I’m pretty sure a lot of people LIKE hearing about the rumors. It lets us know that our GM is actually working rather than leaning back in his chair, drinking, and cashing his check.

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 12:44 pm

unless its marvin williams we get its hard to consider that a “downside”

• Dariusz Ejkiewicz

February 22, 2011 at 12:45 pm

Well ven if there won’t be a trade that does mean he didn’t burn a few phones while running the negotiations?

I’m far away from looking at a GM only through the deals he made only.

• Hornet

February 22, 2011 at 1:20 pm

According to Marc Spears we are shopping MT for a 1st rounder. I’m almost positive it would be for this deal if all these rumors are true.

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 1:31 pm

ya just saw that on twitter. I agree i think it would be most likely part of some deal. I dont think we are interested in a first rounder right now it has to be an extra trade chip for another team.

7. Taquito

February 22, 2011 at 1:30 pm

apparently the hornets are shopping Marcus for a first round pick? hes too good for that IMO, im sure i wont be the only unhappy one if that happens

• Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Why are we shopping thornton? hope this rumor isnt true

• nikkoewan

February 22, 2011 at 3:06 pm

the rumors been “squashed”. Spears explains that teams ARE OFFERING 1st round picks for Thornton, its not the other way around πŸ˜›

• Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 3:09 pm

jus read that good to hear

8. lancebrou68

February 22, 2011 at 1:44 pm

mac i’ve been following the site since the end of last season and i have appreciated everything you’ve put up but i just feel like i cant wait for something to happen

9. Chuck

February 22, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I think getting a first for Marcus at this point would be a good thing, especially if it’s part of a larger deal. He clearly doesn’t fit in with Monty’s system/style and it’s better to get something instead of let him leave as a FA, because I don’t think the team will be willing to pay a lot to keep him despite the LSU connections

10. Hornet

February 22, 2011 at 2:22 pm

NJ sends Denver a first rounder.

PG: Paul, Sessions
    SG: Green, Smith
    SF: Moon, Jamison, Smith
    PF: West, Jamison
    C: Okafor, Gray

• Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 2:30 pm

• Hornet

February 22, 2011 at 2:38 pm

Why would Houston do that? It’s basically Belinelli for Williams.

• Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 2:45 pm

meant to put moon on the rockets w/ powe but still Terrance williams doesnt play at all for them and idk if they see him in their future plans

11. L_Reazy

February 22, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Hornets Seek Trade Of Thornton For First Round Pick
    Feb 22, 2011 14:13 PM EST

The Hornets are shopping Marcus Thornton around the NBA in search for a first round pick, according to sources.

The Nets are amongst the teams interested in acquiring Thornton.

Thornton, who was the 43rd overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, has averaged 19.5 points per 36 possessions during his first season and a half. But he has failed to receive consistent minutes due to his defensive liabilities.
    Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211260/Hornets_Seek_Trade_Of_Thornton_For_First_Round_Pick#ixzz1EinAzac0

L_REAZY

• Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I hate to see MT traded but i see Marcus getting dealt to NJ for a first rounder if we try to acquire Travis Outlaw somehow

12. Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 2:46 pm

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    As the Hornets search for frontcourt help, one target includes Sacramento’s Carl Landry, league source says. M. Thornton in most offers.

via Twitter

• Gec

February 22, 2011 at 3:12 pm

this is going to kill the blog.. No more Marcus post = 3 post a game :p

Marcus is my favorite hornet i want him to stay with the team πŸ™

• Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 3:14 pm

lol it wud but Adrian jus posted:
        SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
        Source says Hornets not shopping guard Marcus Thornton, but are being offered picks for him.
        Via Twitter

13. 42

February 22, 2011 at 2:58 pm

Mr. McNamara,

I think what you are saying is perxactly what is is right about hornets247 and wrong with so many other sites. We have a reasonable group of folks who wrestle with numbers, stats, facts far more than I see in other places.

There is a place for those who make sure that their fire gives the right amount of light and heat. The balance is important.

I don’t know if there is a prompt to this, as suggested here, but, as suggested here, you are only taken in the best possible way, even if there is a suggestion that you have a tv face, others a radio face, and potentially others have a face for podcasts…

14. Big D

February 22, 2011 at 3:25 pm

I really want Gerald Wallace. I would love this starting lineup

CP3
    Green/Thorton
    Wallace
    West
    Oakafor

15. Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 3:28 pm

CP3 on the move? yall heard about this, any truth?

• 42

February 22, 2011 at 3:37 pm

Source? Link?

All the trade rumors seem to be in here, not much in trade rumor post.

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 3:39 pm

all bs chatter, no hard links stuff im reading in other forums

• Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 3:38 pm

wait whered this come from?

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 3:43 pm

i think its all steamed from these wacky peoples ideas that cp hates us and wants to win somewhere else. im pretty sure theres no truth just people trying to scare me

• Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 3:48 pm

I really hate to say it because i love CP3 and the hornets, but its starting to look like he might go to NYC. they have Amare and Melo who CP wants to team up with in the place they want to play. I dont see y he wud turn down NY, Melo & Amare to stay put in NOLA even if we do win

• ur_gmas_daughter

February 22, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Fortunately for us I dont think the Knicks will have enough cap room do go after CP

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 4:28 pm

I hoping they sign Durrrrron Williams and then cp is ours forever hahahahah (evil laugh)

16. Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Id love Dorrell Wright from GState. DO any of u think theyd be willing to deal him

17. brazilian_hornet_fan

February 22, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Michael, keep up the great work! I’ve been reading your posts for years and really enjoy it. Even from distance

18. Monty'sDoghouse

February 22, 2011 at 6:38 pm

If we give up MT5 for anything other than a lottery pick, I am disowning the fricking Hornets and Monty Williams after this season. Don’t have enough time on my hands to dedicate so much time to some idiots who can’t get along with their talent for one reason or another.

Half of the picks past the lottery don’t turn out to be anything special at all. Look at our draft history. Marcus is a proven player. If we give him away for an unspectacular selection in an unspectacular draft, it will be proof to me that Monty’s pride officially ran MT5 out of town.

They better get someone back in return for Marcus. I don’t care if he gets traded. Don’t think that’s the case. I will just be pissed if he gets traded for a draft pick. He’s worth more than that. He isn’t hurting our cap. It will pretty much mean giving up something valuable for a gamble that probably isn’t going to be valuable.

• Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 7:19 pm

if hes traded for a pick chances are it will be turned around and be included in some other trade. So ya it could be “marcus for a pick” but probably ultimately it will be marcus for somebody else now but that be my guess. I agree if its for a pick in the upcoming draft thats terrible

• Monty'sDoghouse

February 22, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Again, if it’s for a player, then fine. I’m merely stating that if Thursday ends with us sans-Marcus and +1 mid-late 1st rounder I will be pissed.

19. whodat504

February 22, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Sincerely, its looking more like the Hornets are inerested in Brandon weight, than dorell.

20. lancebrou68

February 22, 2011 at 9:23 pm

STEIN_LINE_HQ: Sacramento and New Orleans closing in on deal that would send Carl Landry to Hornets for Marcus Thornton and David Andersen [via Twitter]

21. Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 9:24 pm

HORNETS KINGS closing in on deal for carl landry for d anderson and marcus thornton

22. Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 9:24 pm

RT @STEIN_LINE_HQ: Sacramento and New Orleans closing in on deal that would send Carl Landry to Hornets for Marcus … http://tmi.me/721WH
    3 minutes ago via ΓƒΕ“berSocial

23. Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 9:25 pm

WOOO hot carl

24. Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 9:27 pm

@STEIN_LINE_HQ Deal scheduled to be finalized tomorrow but discussions as of tonight had Landry — held out of SAC’s game at MIA — for Thornton/Andersen

25. Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 9:27 pm

@WindhorstESPN If Carl Landry knows where he’s going, he’s not saying. But he was in a pretty good mood.

26. Chuck

February 22, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Landry was apparently being sought after by a lot of other teams, notably Indiana. This is pure speculation, but I wonder if we flip him again…

27. L_REAZY

February 22, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Warriors Close To Trade For Troy Murphy
    Feb 22, 2011 22:15 PM EST

The Warriors and Nets are close to finalizing a multi-player trade, according to sources.

Golden State will send Dan Gadzuric and Brandan Wright to New Jersey for Troy Murphy and a 2012 second round pick.

Murphy is expected to be bought out by the Warriors and he would then become a free agent after clearing waivers.

While the Nets and Warriors appear to be firm trade partners, there are discussions that the deal could expand to a three-team deal involving Devin Harris.

The Blazers and Mavericks are the two most likely destinations for Harris.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211290/Warriors_Close_To_Trade_For_Troy_Murphy#ixzz1EkWooEOd

L_REAZY

28. Go Blue

February 22, 2011 at 9:37 pm

As much as I love watching MT5 play, Carl Landry would be such a grear upgrade at the back up PF/C position.

29. L_REAZY

February 22, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I’d take Carl Landry over Marcus Thorntom in a Mardi Gras heartbeat!

Dell Do It !

L_REAZY

30. Sincerely Yours96

February 22, 2011 at 9:41 pm

Wow MT5 / Anderson for Landry. Really pissed were trading Marcus. We cud have done another trade NOT involving marcus to get a quality backup big. Funny thing is now we got an amazing two guard combo of Inconsistent Willie Green and that Bum named Bellinelli. We got two career reserves getting minutes for us now at SG smh

31. L_REAZY

February 22, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Landry For Thornton, Andersen Agreed Upon
    Feb 22, 2011 22:29 PM EST

The Kings and Hornets are close to completing a trade that would send Carl Landry to New Orleans for Marcus Thornton and David Andersen.

Sam Amick of FanHouse reports that the trade call will take place on Wednesday.

The Kings held Landry out of Tuesday’s game.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/211292/Landry_For_Thornton_Andersen_Agreed_Upon#ixzz1EkYYWkGO

L_REAZY

32. sportnlife

February 22, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Hmmmn. Is Landry (unrestricted) a target for re-signing? Trying out D West’s (soon-to-be vacant) roster spot for size? Dalembert, also expiring, also unrestricted, makes more sense as a 2 month try-out, or even Nene, if Hornets are prepping for the playoff run.

Still, seems like too much to give up MT5 for a player that could walk in July. Especially since they could have Thornton’s money this summer anyway by just not re-signing him. I’m starting to think this is a D West insurance policy, with a guy that may take a mid-level next year instead of the $$ D West wants.

33. Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Landry is beast, so stoked. now we are gonna go scoop jr smith and its over boys

34. Hornet Seantonio

February 22, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Hornets keeping andersen sending cash i heard. JR smith next shh

35. Dee