In the NO Podcast – Episode 8: 30 Percent

Published: December 12, 2010

Michael and Ryan talk about the Hornets week, more about the team sale, Mike gets something off his chest about the Jarrett Jack trade, and then at the end things get a little testy as Michael introduces a fun new segment called “Ambush”.  He even makes Ryan eat his words.  Jerk.

1. 42

December 13, 2010 at 7:35 am

Wow… 50 minutes… I guess we get more comments and longer podcasts when we are on skid row…

• Ryan Schwan

December 13, 2010 at 9:42 am

Yeah, I think we might be going long. I’ll try to control Michael in the future. 🙂

• 42

December 13, 2010 at 10:24 am

More is better in this case. I would classify the podcast as a categorical good, borrowing the lingo (in translation) of Mr. McNamara’s favorite philosopher.

It was more of a comment on an aspect of the human psyche, which is to respond vigorously to the bad and relax when things are going well.

• Michael McNamara

December 13, 2010 at 10:58 am

You cant stop me, you can only hope to contain me baby!

AMBUSH!!!

2. Michael McNamara

December 13, 2010 at 8:26 am

Next week Ryan will be gone and I will have a special guest host, so the whole podcast will be driven by YOUR questions.

Post them in this thread, during Game ON’s or Game Recaps as you think of them, or on the forum where I have set up a post titled Mailbag Questions for the Podcast. Don’t even feel like you have to limit them to strictly Hornets questions- if you want to tie in movies, pop culture, games, etc with the Hornets and if I have any clue what you are talking about, I will answer them.

Thanks!

3. BeesGivingEffort

December 13, 2010 at 12:23 pm

Great podcast! Thank you for defending Marcus the way you did.

I’d give away Okafor for nothing too and in the offseason sign a big in the Tyson Chandler mold (athletic and long). All we need our big to do is roll on the pick and roll and defend the interior on D. Okafor does the former really terribly and the latter slightly above average.

4. BeesGivingEffort

December 13, 2010 at 12:26 pm

It’s not that Okafor isn’t good. He just isn’t worth the contract we’re giving him.

5. L_Reazy

December 13, 2010 at 12:29 pm

Dampier = Okafor !

Both are average to inadequete centers … plus they both had unworthy contracts!

OKAFOR IS NOT A 7 – WIN PLAYER!!!

L_REAZY

6. bgalella

December 13, 2010 at 2:23 pm

Not sure why Marcus Thornton is just playing 13.4 minutes a night, sure his field goal percentage is down, but he’s the type of player that needs to keep shooting to get out of his funk.

Not sure if Marco Belinelli is the long-term answer at shooting guard, he’s been playing well, but not confident he can sustain his pace.