Video: The New Orleans Hornets Season So Far

Published: November 16, 2010

As our podcast continues to roll, I decided I couldn’t let my Video-makin’ efforts fall by the wayside, even if I can’t make Marcus Thornton the hero of my movies anymore.

So here’s a new video – or maybe a montage of pictures.  Call it want you want, as long as you enjoy it.  You hear me?  Enjoy it.

1. berlin-hornets

November 16, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Guys, you are getting better and better. 😉 Love it

2. Ryan Schwan

November 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Thanks. I’m never sure if my humor will translate, or if people will just think I’m weird.

• 42

November 16, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Can we only pick one or the other?

Zing!

• Bug Marley

November 17, 2010 at 6:13 am

So Ryan, did you pick a Queen song as a jab to the so-called King?

I kid I kid.. 😀

3. Schmide234

November 16, 2010 at 8:50 pm

I literally ROLLED ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING when i saw the Marco part. IT WAS GENIUS!!!! hahahah this video was awesome and im loving it Ryan. Keep the good stuff up.

You admins are Burger King because you have it your way and us members are McDonald’s because were lovin it!!!

4. L_Reazy

November 16, 2010 at 10:32 pm

Quick-take on Marcus Thornton’s struggles and our team’s success thus far:

Defense is everything to winning. Defense means that your giving yourself a chance to win even when your offense isn’t working.

Offense only indicates who scored the most points, but it isn’t the main ingridient to winning games. In sports we tend to believe that whoever scores the most points wins the game, but it’s really the other way around. The team who holds the other team to the least amount of points wins the game.

Teams can trade shots and points all game, but eventually one team has to stop the other team more times in order to win. Sports is about “Out-Stopping” your opponent not “Out-Scoring” them!

Based on this theory and Marcus Thornton’s defensive issues, he’s not giving himself a chance to stay on the floor and be succesful, especially when his offense isn’t working. Furthermore, he isn’t giving the overall team a chance to succeed either based on his defensive liabilities.

I truly believe that Monty wants to play Marcus Thornton, but he will not do so by compromising his defensive philosophy for a player who struggles in that area … even if his nickname is “Buckets”!

Bad teams get desperate for more offensive punch when they’re unabale to stop anyone else from scoring. Well, this season, the Hornets are not that bad team … anymore!

L_Reazy

5. 42

November 17, 2010 at 12:48 am

Nice.

Looking forward to:

Another One Bites the Dust
    A Kind of Magic
    Gimme the Prize (I don’t care if it’s for a bad guy)
    We are the (f’n) Champions (B’s)

“It’s a kind of magic,
    It’s a kind of magic,
    A kind of magic,
    One dream, one soul, one prize,
    One goal, one golden glance of what should be” — Queen

Set ’em up, knock ’em down.

I wish to high heaven that I could have worked Radio Ga Ga into this . . .

6. Icebird

November 17, 2010 at 1:14 am

Hey Ryan – a request for your next video project: Could you do an analysis of Marcus Thornton’s defence this season? I’d be interested to know what he was or wasn’t doing on the court to convince Monty that he was a wall of tissue paper on defence and a liability to leak points if let anywhere near the active roster.

• Ryan Schwan

November 17, 2010 at 9:33 am

Yeah, I’m working on it. Unfortunately, chopping up video takes me a good amount of time. I’ll try to speed it up, though!

7. Bug Marley

November 17, 2010 at 6:07 am

The only thing more impressive than this video is the Hornets’ blazing start, spurred on by the tenacity of Paul going off like a rocket whenever the game is on the line, displaying surprising strength like a buck being branded by a heated iron, clipping defenders for And Ones, and dishing helpers like philosophers of old spreading nuggets of wisdom.

Let’s go Hornets!

8. Stefan

November 17, 2010 at 9:57 am

Could you make this video iPhone friendly in any way? I cant figure out why it won’t let me watch it. I guess I’ll just have to wait until tonight.

• 42

November 17, 2010 at 10:14 am

I had the same problem, Stefan.

It’s something with the embedding, I think. It says it’s youtube if I’m remembering right, so the iphone can in theory play it. However, here is the link http://www.youtube.com/v/iBnmlJRjxDo?fs=1&hl=en_US and clicking it launches youtube, but it doesn’t play it.

The page calls for shockwave/flash, so it’s a flash issue I’m suspecting.

Anyone with actual knowledge of such matters care to shed light on how all this works and doesn’t work? Any idea how to make it iphone friendly while still friendly to everyone it’s friendly to already?

• Ryan Schwan

November 17, 2010 at 11:03 am

It’s probably because the embed code provided by youtube uses a flash player, and I think i-Phones can’t play flash. I’ll figure out a way around that for the next one, if I can.

• 42

November 17, 2010 at 12:15 pm

I’m totally agreeing on the flash issue. But iphones play things on youtube (I couldn’t find this one there, however), so there may be a way to get to it from an iphone, perhaps with other embed code, but this is not my area of expertise.

Fun times.

9. Stefan

November 17, 2010 at 12:36 pm

What’s the official name of the video on YouTube? Maybe I can find it directly on there.

• JCS

November 17, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Stefan wants you to do the next video to a Weezy song. Preferably from the Lil’ Weezyana mixtape 😉