« The Celtics Beat the Hornets
How Paul Owns You: The Free-Throw Line Seal »
The Hornets247 All-Star giveaway
Time to give away some stuff. Let’s do it quick and dirty…
What’s the prize?
There will be only one winner, one grand prize. That prize is a mini Hornets basketball autographed by Tyson Chandler, plus a $100 gift certificate for the Hornets Nest store at New Orleans Arena. And sure while we’re at it we’ll throw in a Peja and a Tyson caricature tee.
If you win but don’t live in New Orleans, you can tell us what you want from the store and we’ll gladly go buy it and ship everything to you.
Who can enter?
Pretty much anyone. You don’t have to be a registered user of the site. You don’t have to live in the United States. You don’t even have to be a Hornets fan.
How do I win?
We’ll keep it simple. All you need to do is give us your best guess at the following:
How many combined points, rebounds, assists, steals and minutes will Chris Paul finish with in Sunday’s All-Star game?
All we want is one number; the total of those five stats. So if you think Chris will play 25 minutes, score 10 points, dish 10 assists, grab 5 boards and come away with 5 steals in the All-Star game, your guess would be 55.
Rules and stuff
- Submit your entry via the comments of this post.
- Only one entry per person. If you guess twice, only your first entry will be considered.
- If several people guess the same winning number, the person who guessed it first will be deemed the winner.
- The cut off point for entry is 7pm Central on Sunday, February 15.
- If nobody guesses the exact number, whoever guesses the next closest number (higher or lower) will be declared the winner. If that results in a tie, the person who guessed earliest will be declared the winner.
- We’ll be using the official NBA.com box score to determine the winning number.
- Regarding minutes, we’ll round up if the box score says Paul played half a minute or more. So, for example, if Chris is listed as having played 21:33 minutes, we’ll consider that 22 minutes. 21:28 however would be rounded down to 21 minutes, and so on.
- The winner will be contacted via e-mail. Probably within 24 hours of the game’s final buzzer, but don’t hold us to that because it’s Mardi Gras season and things might get crazy around here.
- We can add more rules as we see fit.
- If Chris Paul opts not to play in the All-Star game because of that groin injury, well then this whole thing will be declared a complete waste of time and everyone can have their numbers back.
That’s all. Good luck.