« An Investigation that will Shock and Horrify
Gameday Open Thread: Hornets @ Bulls »
The first ever super-fantastic hornets247.com prize giveaway
This site has been growing in leaps and bounds since I moved to New Orleans in December and Ryan jumped aboard the blog train a few weeks later. You fine readers have responded by bringing along your friends and keeping the site alive with frequent comments. Because of this growth, we get to demand more money from advertisers, and after me and Ryan spent most of said money on alcohol (me), a Baron Davis dartboard (Ryan) and custom authentic Ryan Bowen jerseys (both of us), we were left with some cash that we decided to spend on you folks. Here's the deal…
Yup, we're giving away a Chris Paul 2008 All-Star jersey and a pair of his new signature shoes, the Air Jordan CP3, due to be released on March 1st. The total value of the prize is about $190, and we'll even pay for the postage and packing regardless of where the winner lives. We're nice like that.
How to win
Since we're giving away Chris Paul stuff, we'll ask you to make several predictions about Chris' statline for the 2008 NBA All-Star game on Sunday (2/17) and then add up the total. Here's an example of what your answer should look like…
1) Minutes (round up): 23
2) Points: 12
3) Field Goals Made (including 3FG's): 3
4) Free Throws Made: 1
5) Rebounds: 4
6) Assists: 14
7) Steals: 2
Total = 59
Copy and paste that template with your numbers filled into the comments of this post. In order to win, you must show your answers to each question and then correctly add up the total. Whoever gets closest to the actual total of Chris' All-Star statline will be declared the winner.
- When leaving your answer in the comments, you must include your email address in the field provided. This is so we can contact you if you win. DO NOT put your email address into the body of the comment itself, or everything will explode.
- Answers must be submitted in the comments below by 6pm Central on Sunday, February 17th. That's an hour before game time. Late entries will not be considered.
- There can only be one winner. Everyone else is a loser.
- In the event of a tie, the prize will go to whoever posted their answer first in the comments.
- Only one entry per person. If you decide to enter multiple times, only your first answer will be considered.
We don't have any of the prize swag yet, and we won't go about getting it until a winner has been chosen. This is so we can get the stuff in the appropriate sizes. You don't want oversized shoes and an undersized jersey now, do you? Given that, there is a slight chance that we might not be able to deliver the exact prize as intended. It's unlikely, but it could happen. In such an event, what we'll do is agree with the winner on an alternative Hornets-related prize of the same monetary value. Also, with the shoes, we'll try and get a pair in the color line preferred by the winner, but once again we can make no promises. Just like Ryan Bowen, all we can do is our best.
That's it. Get your predictions in!!