Previous Post:
«

Random Shizzle: Heroic edition

By:
Published: May 24, 2007

Just been catching up on some of those videos over on the Hornets.com homepage. Turns out David West would want Denzel Washington playing him in a movie. I think Leonard Roberts from Heroes would be a better choice…

Leonard Roberts, David West. David West, Leonard Roberts

We're off to a good start. On to some random shizzle.

  • No doubt you've all heard by now that Tyson Chandler has been invited to join Team USA this summer. How many of us could have predicted that a year ago?

    Chandler will compete for a spot on the 2008 Olympic squad, battling the likes of Amaré Stoudemire, Dwight Howard and Greg Oden to make the final roster. I'm not going to doubt him making it.

  • Stumbled upon the funky art works of some dude named Kehinde Wiley this morning. This painting in particular looks fantastic, presuming of course that  "Bogues" is written on the back of the jersey. I wonder if Darrell Walker has a Wiley in his collection.
  • Oh yeah, the Lottery. So we got the expected 13th pick. Last time the Hornets selected at that spot we ended up with a guy called Kobe Bryant. For a minute.

    I'm admittedly clueless about draft prospects, but about 75% of the mocks I've looked at have us taking Al Thornton from Florida State (although the other 25% don't have him getting past Philly with the 12th pick). It seems Thornton is familiar with the Hornets too, as evidenced by his rendition of Tyrus Thomas over Rasual Butler.

    One mock draft I came across had that Chinese dude, Yi Jianlian, slipping to the Hornets. That probably ain't gonna happen, but here's a link to some videos of him anyways. He be nimble for a big guy.

  • It was Rasual Butler's 28th birthday yesterday. I presume my invite got lost in the mail or something.
  • John Reid tells us all about Chris Paul being his usual super-nice self and doing super-nice stuff at the unveiling of a new basketball court at a school in Eastern New Orleans yesterday. Pictures of the whole super-nice affair right here.

Right, gotta wrap it up before I break a sweat here. Forgot just how tough this posting-twice-in-four-days thing can be. Leaving you with Al Thornton's draft profile over at the ever-ugly NBADraft.net, and Max Trueblood's NBA Draft peview over at the ever-popular Hornets Report

0 comments