Half-assed Preview: Hornets @ Bobcats
Buckle up, people. The home stretch is here. Do or die time. The Hornets can ill afford another loss to a team they should beat. The Charlotte Bobcats are one such team, and they host the Hornets tonight in a city we once called home.
Clubber, Rocky. I want a good, clean fight. When I tell you to break, step back and break. Now go back to the corner and come out fighting at the bell…
- The Bobcats are 19-33 on the season, 11-15 at home. They're well out of the Playoff race at this point, seven whole games behind Miami for the eighth spot in the East.
(Quick aside: How come people say "out West" but never "out East"? Or do they?)
- Before the break, Charlotte had lost four straight before beating the Chicago Bulls. Gerald Wallace scored 32. Emeka Okafor had a Tysonesque 15 points, 21 rebounds and 6 blocks against that Ben Wallace guy.
- The Bobcats have the gayest mascot in the League. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
- There's a bit of hype about the Chris Paul / Raymond Felton match-up this evening. Felton's averaging 14.3 points and 7.5 assists.
- Rookie Adam Morrison has been coming off the bench but still logging about 25 minutes a night. He's averaging 12.7 points, second best among freshmen. Fellow rookie Sean May has missed the 'Cats last ten games with a knee boo-boo, but may play in this one.
- The Hornets and Bobcats tangled once already this season, resulting in a 94-85 win for our dudes way back in November. Peja Stojakovic scored a lot of points in that one. Refresh.
Shit, that will have to do it. Gotta go meet a guy about a thing. Tip is at the super-early time of 6pm Central. Linkage below.