In the NO Podcast Episode 94: Gordon goes to LA, leaves no guards behind?

Published: November 8, 2012

Michael and I come at you from the closing minutes of the Philly game. We talk about what we saw in that game, talk about the news that Eric Gordon is going to LA to ahem . . . rehab, and then preview the Charlote Game. We even begin speculating on what Eric Gordon is worth on the trade market! Trade talk! Yay?

Enjoy the Podcast! Want it on Itunes?

1. Juff

November 8, 2012 at 7:14 am

Dan Dickau

2. David

November 8, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Honestly, I think the Hornets went too far to keep Gordon and should just trade him. If he really is hurt, that’s one thing, but if he’s just playing games, trade him to Milwaukee as a big middle finger to him. I’d go after someone like Tyreke Evans or Monta Ellis in a trade, at least you get something back and a better contract on someone who isn’t so injury prone.

• Nate

November 8, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Gordon to Milwaukee for Jennings/other assets?

• Ron

November 8, 2012 at 3:56 pm

The podcast mentioned that EG has a no-trade clause.

3. champsworld504

November 8, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Shaun Livingston?

4. toledotorpedo

November 8, 2012 at 2:42 pm

Pau Gasol? Ryno, Gasol, Davis…

• Ron

November 8, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Yet another front court player?????

5. Ron

November 8, 2012 at 3:56 pm

When I heard that Monty was holding out AR, my first thought was, “tanking so soon???”

• Nate

November 8, 2012 at 4:25 pm

If we want to beat Charlotte for that #1 pick, you’ve gotta start early. 🙂

6. Lanative

November 8, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Fuuny someone mentioned trading him to Milwaukee. If he hates NOLA I’m sure he will just love Buc country. Too dang funny.

7. Will

November 8, 2012 at 5:51 pm

I doubt he’ll approve a trade to Sacramento but they seem like a team that would want him. Aside from Cousins and this past draft, it seems like they’re just collecting guards and they don’t mind headcases like Cousins or defensive shirkers like Thornton. The other teams that came to my mind are no longer realistic: Phoenix can’t trade for him and Houston just got Harden. If somehow Dell can dump him for at least half his salary this year in expirings I’ll be content.

I wanted to add that I enjoyed the rest of the podcast as well and the constant stream of content from all the writers here. It’s too much to keep up with (which is good).

8. xman20002000

November 8, 2012 at 7:35 pm

STOP IT… How many players are going through similar rehab issues.. Bynum, D. Rose, etc…. Let is go…

• Ron

November 8, 2012 at 8:59 pm

How many players get arthroscopic surgery and sit out for 9 months? Just one.

How many players play through sore shoulders, ankles, knees, fingers, bone spurs…? Lots

November 8, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Ron, you are ignoring the practice, the games played leading up to his contract offseason, attempt to play basketball with the best players in the world during that time.

Oh, wait… that’s worse…

9. Ron Ash

November 8, 2012 at 7:36 pm

How about a threeway trade Clippers/Hornets/Bucks
    Clippers trade Eric Bledsoe for Monta Ellis
    Bucks trade Monta Ellis & Brandon Jennings for Eric Bledsoe & Eric Gordon
    Hornets trade Eric Gordon for Brandon Jennings

• mateor

November 9, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I wish Brandon Jennings nothing but the best, but the idea of starting him and Austin Rivers in the same backcourt is truly, truly frightening.