« 3-on-3: Previewing Trailblazers @ Hornets
Game On: Trailblazers @ Hornets (With Live Pre-Game and In-Game Chat)
The Hornets take on the Trailblazers on Martin Luther King Day, and we’re chatting it up throughout the game.
The Trailblazers take on the Hornets on Martin Luther King Day in New Orleans. As Jim Eichenhofer pointed out to me when we last spoke, the Hornets have only lost one game on Martin Luther King day since moving to New Orleans. He then mentioned that they’ve only played five times total, but whatever! We have the momentum from Martin Luther King Day’s past, and the Blazers have won only a single road game all year.
After that, things sort of stop looking so rosy for the Hornets, so I’ll stop typing and let the 3-on-3 and your imaginations do the rest.
Notes From the Arena
- Monty talked a bit about how disappointing Roy’s injury is/way.He expressed hope that he will one day return to being the player he once was.
- Ariza is expected back this week.
- Gordon’s return is uncertain, but he knows they need him back.
- Against Memphis the bench scored 52 points, the most they have contributed in the past four years.
- Gustavo Ayon has played the entire fourth quarter in two consecutive games. Monty likey the Gustavo!
Hi, Joe. I heard you talking about the Brazilian fans in your podcast. Thanks for the reminder. I quoted his radio show on our blog: http://brazilianhornet.wordpress.com/2012/01/15/jogos-de-tres-periodos/ The fans here in Brazil was proud and also sent greetings to the Hornets247' people. Thank you!
I do think that when Eric Gordon get's back we will go on a little run. Do you guy's think they are waiting to extend him before they see him play, or is he resisting the extension? Not wanting to stay. We have to build around somebody.
You didn't miss much. Not to be pessimistic but another day, another loss. This CP3 trade is kind of backfiring because if we end up middle of the pack, as I am sure the T'Wolves will, we will have (2) mid round draft picks. If this happens I still think we can add good depth in this draft.