Game On: Wizards @ Hornets

Published: February 1, 2011

Matchup: Wizards(13-34) @ Hornets(31-18)

Note- Buzzfest is canceled tonight.

Off Efficiency: Wizards 99.6 (28th), Hornets 103.3 (16th )
Def Efficiency: Wizards 106.5 (21st), Hornets 99.1 (3rd)

Pace: Wizards 96.1 (9th), Hornets 91.4 (29th)

*Insert Caption Here*

Anyone who thought that a game against the Wizards in early February would be one of the most important games of the year for New Orleans, please take a bow. The need for a win against the Wizards can’t be overstated, considering that for the first time this season (and ever as a Hornets player), Emeka Okafor will be out of a game, leaving the squad with what an optimist might call an understaffed front court. Combine that with a two game losing streak and the Hornets have the potential to yet again go from the league’s hottest streak into a rut.

In the past I’ve talked about how the Hornets are one injury away from disaster, and although that can be said about a lot of teams, we are going to witness how one minor injury effects the Hornets ability to win games. It also reaffirms the need to add another frontcourt player.

The loss of Emeka Okafor means a likely starting nod for Jason Smith alongside David West. The downgrade from Okafor to Smith means that a clear front court advantage for the Hornets over the Wizards is all of a sudden a draw at best. Rebounding will prove to be the most notable concern, as Emeka Okafor grabs 19% of total available rebounds when he’s on the floor. Jason Smith is bringing down 13.5% coming into tonight’s action. Team rebounding, always a priority for Monty Williams, will be even more important tonight. I would expect him to reemphasize that to the team before the game.

Expect DJ Mbenga, David Anderson, and even David West to see considerably more minutes than usual tonight, and for Aaron Gray to be at the very least available.

For the relatively unknown David Anderson, a 30-year old Australian playing in only his second NBA season, this represents a chance to put himself in the regular rotation for the first time with the Hornets. He has a wicked jumper, and is considered to be a potential offensive force to be reckoned with (See? I’m an optimist). Think Jason Smith, before people realized that if you guard him he’s mostly ineffective. In addition Anderson supposedly has a three point shot. He struggled adjusting to the longer line in his first year, hitting at only 34.6%, but with Okafor out he will have an opportunity to show improvement in the upcoming games. The Hornets could certainly use a three point shooting center who stands at 6’11, even when Okafor is healthy.

Are you still wondering why this game is so important for the Hornets, or have I made you forget your earlier curiosity?

This year, seven of the Hornets 18 losses have been against teams which currently have losing records, including the lowly Timberwolves, and Kings. Tonight, they face an opponent even lower on the NBA totem pole. The Washington Wizards hold the unique distinction of being 0-24 on the road this year, and if history has taught us anything, it’s that eventually streaks like that get broken. If the Hornets have taught us anything over the past three years, it’s to be wary of games like this one.

Losing two games in a row to teams with losing records (and Emeka) had to be a bit of an emotional let down for the Hornets. Both were winnable, and after dominating much of their the competition over their previous ten game winning streak, it’s hard to imagine their short road trip going any worse.

The Wizards know this. Their hunger for a road win grows with each passing day, and I think it’s going to be on display tonight. Expect the Wizards to come out full of energy, and for Javale McGee to at the very least be given every opportunity to have a big night. The Hornets don’t have a match for him on defense.

At the end of the season the Hornets play three games in four days against the Grizzlies, the Mavs, and the Jazz. Those games are going to matter in playoff seeding, and in reality, a win tonight against a team they should beat, will mean that they head into those matchups one game higher up in the standings than they would be otherwise.

The Hornets need this one, not only to add another W in the win column, but to prove to themselves, their fans, and the rest of the NBA, that they can take a couple body shots and still keep winning fights. Monty Williams know this, and you can bet he’s doing everything in his power to make sure his team does as well.

Pregame Notes-

• QueenBee makes a good point about the weather- It is disgusting outside. Even though the rain is supposed to stop, it’s still going to be windy and dark. Expect a sparse crowd, and hope to be surprised.
  • The Hornets have won 22 or 33 against the Wizards, dating back to 3/12/99.
  • Paul, Belinelli, Ariza, West, Smith is the fifth different starting lineup of the year for the Hornets

Notes From Monty’s Pregame Press Conference (plus video)

• Monty said in that the team will go small often, using Ariza at the 4 and David at the 5. He didn’t seem too enthused about it, noting that it’s works for short, but not long stretches this year.
  • He said that tonight promised to be a tough game, especially considering that last time in Washington the team trailed by double digits, and was had to battle back to escape with a win.
  • He was concerned that the Hornets had allowed three straight opponents to score over 100 points.
  • Williams added that Marco Belinelli needed to play better better defense.
  • DJ MBenga is behind Jason Smith on the depth chart right now.
  • Aaron Gray is active.

Also, I’ll be on the Daily Dime Chat for most of the game, so stop by and say hello if you have a minute.

Thanks to DariusZ for the amazing game day banner!

And don’t forget to check out today’s Bee Bite.

1. bgalella

February 1, 2011 at 1:51 pm

What are the chances of Washington getting its first road win of the year? 35%?

2. thechosenuno

February 1, 2011 at 1:52 pm

the losing streak, MEK out, coach talking about sitting players hurting the team…all of this seems like the perfect storm that could give the Wizards their first W on the road…

On the MEK note, thoughts on starting Mbenga? He seems to anchor the lane more than J Smitty and play better D. We don’t run any plays for MEK, and he barely averages 10 points a game. The reason J Smitty sometimes kills us is that he subs in for our highest scorer and doesn’t really produce.

3. Will Bennett

February 1, 2011 at 1:54 pm

how serious is MEK’s injury and how long is he expected to be out for?

4. Kevin

February 1, 2011 at 2:35 pm

If it were up to me, I would start Mbenga for that very reason.

Unfortunately, his fouling tendencies will surely limit him/prohibit that from being an option.

5. Go Blue

February 1, 2011 at 2:42 pm

It’s going to be tough to watch without Mek in the middle. I hope J Smith and Mbenga can step up and protect the paint. CP3 and Marco are going to have to play amazing defensive to keep guards out the lane. As much as I enjoy watching CP3 steal the ball, he might have to do that less. There won’t be Mek in the middle to make up for defensive mistakes.

Caption: “This smile is now discontinued. If you would like to see this smile again, please wait until he is traded from the Wizards

Go Hornets!!!!!

6. QueenBee

February 1, 2011 at 3:01 pm

Hornets better win this game. With Meka out and the crowd probably really sh*tty thanks to this sucky weather, things could get ugly for the Hornets. I’m praying it doesn’t though.

GEAUX HORNETS!!!!

7. QueenBee

February 1, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Also, don’t let Nick Young go off. Or Rashard Lewis. Or John Wall. I know John is the EC Rookie of the Month but we have the WC Coach of the Month. Let’s do it Hornets!

8. JCS

February 1, 2011 at 3:14 pm

In order for CP3 to be a MVP candidate, he needs to lead his team to victory in games like this. Derrick Rose has done it without Boozer and Noah for stretches of time and his Bulls now have #3 power ranking. If there’s anybody who should step up in this game, it’s Captain CP3, IMO.

9. QueenBee

February 1, 2011 at 3:29 pm

CP3 is already an MVP candidate. You’ve made your point. You want Rose for MVP. No need in keep beating your dead horse around here.

• JCS

February 1, 2011 at 3:41 pm

I never stated that I want Rose to be MVP. I have simply stated why the powers that be have put him and a few other players were put in the running, but not CP3. Nothing more, nothing less.

February 1, 2011 at 3:45 pm

You don’t have to say it point blank. It ain’t hard to see that’s what you want though. LOL!

And yes, there is at least 1 media member (or as you call them, powers that be) that think CP3 is currently MVP.

10. QueenBee

February 1, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I saw just recently on a Bulls forum they are asking could CP3 ruin Rose’s MVP chances, to that I say, if you have to ask the question……

February 1, 2011 at 3:31 pm

What are they even worrying/questioning about CP3 for if Rose is a ‘lock’?

• m_W

February 1, 2011 at 3:54 pm

Rose is overrated. If he played on Indiana no one would mention him (like Danny Granger). And if Collision played in Chicago, you can be sure he’d be touted as an All-Star.

I’ve had it to here with big city marketing. I have no idea why major media is wrapped up in it. Yes, Rose is good. But if I have to tell you why Rondo is better situated to lead a team to the Finals or why Rose will never be better than CP3, I can’t help you.

February 1, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Yeah, I’ve already said that the media wants CP3 out of NOLA and it wouldn’t surprise me if they punished him for not forcing his way out, hence, not voting for him for MVP. Trying to show him you need to be in a bigger market or perhaps San Antonio to win MVP.

• JCS

February 1, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Who said Rose is better than CP3? And since when is a top 5 PER point guard overrated?
        There is nothing wrong with complimenting players or teams from different cities. Real recognizes real. Hence, you have a lot of fans from cities outside of NOLA, that love the Hornets and claim CP3 as their favorite player.

• m_W

February 1, 2011 at 4:35 pm

It’s not you JCS. It’s things like stupid polls asking who is a better PG than Rose, D-Will, Westbrook or Rondo? (Um…missing anyone?) It’s ridiculous MVP articles about Rose. Here’s the truth, journalism is no longer about truth, but about money. ESPN, etc. can’t sell articles about CP3, Lebron, Kobe, and Howard for MVP all year, so they make up a bunch of flavor of the month articles about MVP “canditates.” These writers know they won’t be writing MVP articles about Rose in April, so they do it now, and let the articles about the real contenders seem fresh come end of season.

• m_W

February 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm

*candidates*

11. QueenBee

February 1, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Heck, the Hornets might be #3 in rankings too if they played in the weak Central Division. Whatever though.

GEAUX HORNETS!

• JCS

February 1, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Why are you hating on the Bulls? I don’t get it.

February 1, 2011 at 3:48 pm

That’s not hating on the Bulls. The Bulls are a good team right now. Saying if the Hornets were in the weak Central Division they might be ranked #3 too is hating on the Bulls? You touted a few days ago how the Bulls are on top of the Central Division and while that’s nice, there isn’t even another team besides the Bulls in that division with 20 or more wins. That division sucks right now. Do you think the Bulls would be sitting where they are now in the Western Conference let alone SW Division?

• JCS

February 1, 2011 at 3:56 pm

I realize the Central Division is weak sauce and that the Southwest Division is the best in the league. Nevertheless, I was simply relaying the news from NBA.com, ESPN, and so forth. They’re the ones who said Lebron, Rose, and Diggler are candidates, not me.

Can I liiiivvvveeee??? (Tupac Voice)

• m_W

February 1, 2011 at 3:57 pm

I hate on the Bulls. Send all the free agents to New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Miami, plus all the revenue. Contract the League to four teams now. Why not? That’s how a lot of people act.

If anyone hasn’t heard Bill Maher’s rant on equality in sports, contrasting baseball and football, find it on Youtube or HBO re-runs. It’s brilliant. Apply it to the NBA, and you know exactly how the new CBA needs to go. Otherwise, you might as well move the Hornets, because I, and I suspect many others, have no interest in rooting for the NBA-equivalent of the Kansas City Royals.

February 1, 2011 at 4:02 pm

So you’re trying to play the “don’t shoot the messenger” role heh? LOL. I hear you.

February 1, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Hell, Marc Spears is talking about giving it to CP just because of what he’s able to do with his team and all of it’s turmoils while playing on one leg. LOL!

• JCS

February 1, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I ain’t playin shish and I don’t have hate in my heart. I’d just appreciate people not trying to rally the troops by rearranging or putting words in my mouth.

So for the record:

My favorite player in the NBA is Chris Paul.

My favorite point guard in the NBA is Chris Paul.

My favorite teams in the NBA are the Chicago Bulls – where I’m from – and the Hornets, since their days in Charlotte.

Danny Granger, Chris Bosh, Javale McGee, A’mare Stoudemire, Brandon Jennings, and John Wall are also my favorites.

You can hate me now.

• Joe Gerrity

February 1, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Tensions are running high after the Emeka injury, at least on this pregame post.

12. QueenBee

February 1, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Rondo for MVP. Has led his Boston team to wins without KG and without Perkins and without Shaq for stretches. There you go. Rondo for MVP. 😕

• 42

February 1, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Don’t forget Joel Anthony.

• JCS

February 1, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I’m not the one writing these articles or casting the votes. What the hell do you want from me? Jeeez.

February 1, 2011 at 3:49 pm

#Transparent

• m_W

February 1, 2011 at 3:59 pm

I’ve said since this summer, watching the two compete for NBA-worlds positions, Rondo is a way better point guard than Rose, and I stand by it.

February 1, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Another thing, you don’t ever see CP3 saying things about wanting to be MVP or wanting to be an All Star. All the guy talks about is winning a championship. Rose came out in preseason posing the question “Why Can’t I Be MVP?” Media members get ahold of it, big market, they watch him, he plays well, BAM.. MVP.

13. JCS

February 1, 2011 at 3:48 pm

So you’re mad at me b/c I read someone elses is article or b/c I’m providing input that will help CP3 win MVP?

14. QueenBee

February 1, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I had to go back and read over this game thread again because I was wondering where the heck did a mention of MVP come from in that write-up. Yeah. I still don’t see it in there. But the person touting Rose for MVP just figured he’d bring it up. Ok, whatever. Ya’ll have fun watching the game tonight. I won’t be here because I’ll be there. Peace.

• 42

February 1, 2011 at 4:02 pm

Queen, I realize this isn’t a math blog, but I want to mention that I’m compiling results from more than 11, but less than 13, simulations before I hoof it to the Arena. I wanted to bring it up even though you can’t figure out exactly what it is I’m doing since I didn’t say it. I mean, who could figure it out? And everyone cares since this isn’t a math blog but we do talk about a number here or there.

February 1, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Ok. I know the number but not sure what simulations you want to throw out.

• 42

February 1, 2011 at 4:26 pm

Ha. Doesn’t matter. I was more trying to make a point about how easy some things are to figure out even though people don’t say what it is they really mean, and how like a lead balloon going off-topic about some things is.

DNA in this case.

February 1, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Gotcha 42. 😉

February 1, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Oh and BTW, Lamarcus Aldrige w/o BRoy=MVP FTW!

• 42

February 2, 2011 at 12:02 am

They will name it the Aldridge Award.

15. QueenBee

February 1, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Do I need galoshes? LOL!

16. QueenBee

February 1, 2011 at 4:19 pm

My last on this. Forget about it. If CP3 didn’t get MVP in 08 when he became the first PG to avg 20ppg & 10apg in about 15 years since Hardaway did it and led his team to a #2 seed in the tough Western Conference, then he probably won’t ever get it.

• JCS

February 1, 2011 at 4:28 pm

That snake in the grass Kobme Bryant robbed him, and then he went on to the All Star game to do it again, despite CP3 leading the West to a victory with his triple double and oh-so-nice alley oop dunk. Whether you believe me or not, I was campaigning for CP all over Yahoo sports. Thereafter, I started coming on this site.

17. QueenBee

February 1, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I’ll be back to discuss post game with you guys later tonight. Behave.

• m_W

February 1, 2011 at 4:29 pm

Was that a pun?

18. Mikey

February 1, 2011 at 4:32 pm

MVP, in February, who cares? The real MVP of the league still has yet to make his true presence felt, whoever it may be. A more pressing matter is that, including tonight, there are 9 games to go till the all-star break (I’m projecting Okafor to return the game after the all-star break), and 10 games till the trade deadline. These are the 9 most important games in this whole season. Of these next 9 games, three are against Western Conference playoff hopefuls (well, 2 definites and 1 hopeful), as well as games against the Bulls and at the Magic. The other four games are, the Wiz tonight, T-Wolves (#1 rebounding team in the NBA), Nets, and Warriors. Gotta win at least three out of these last four to tread water until Okafor comes back. It starts tonight. if the Hornets can go 4-5 to start February, I’ll be extatic. Maybe Dell can work some magic in the next two weeks.

19. MelMan

February 1, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Caption:

“Ohhhh look at my little baby DEMARCUS, OHHHHHH, he’s a little Hercules…HERCULES, HERCULES, HERCULES”

20. JayRey

February 1, 2011 at 5:19 pm

With two straight losses, Okafor gone, and a Wizards team who hasn’t won a game on the road yet this season. I must say this is kinda like a must-win situation. If we lose tonight I could see this being a big blow to our confidence, as a team and with the fans. But I know we’ll pull it off.

Caption:
    “One day I will make the lives of the Hornets a living hell, and will take the title of best point guard from Chris Paul. Muahahaha.”

21. 42

February 1, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Stefan Urquelle finally reveals himself to be Steve Urkel! Who knew?

22. Diane

February 1, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Will the Hornets make it to OKC tomorrow? I have tickets and was really looking forward to seeing them play, didn’t make it to the last game when they were here.
    Oh crap I got four feet of snow in my driveway!! Hope they postpone the game otherwise I will spend the day shoveling, they say it won’t get above freezing until Friday. I guess I will be shoveling some time – hope for a warm up.
    It will be an interesting game tonight.

• Joe Gerrity

February 1, 2011 at 6:50 pm

The smart money says they make it.

23. OkiThor

February 1, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Poor Mek. After all that time he puts into taking care of his body. The yoga, the lifting, the stretching. Come J.Smith/D.Anderson/Mbenga step up tonight!

• Ron

February 1, 2011 at 8:28 pm

And for all that work, he played almost 4 years w/o a significant injury.

24. HiMyNameisSteven

February 1, 2011 at 7:13 pm

dang it atdhe.net got taken down by the feds lol anyone have another free website to watch games?

• Forever504

February 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm

firstrow.net

• cadillacjacques

February 1, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Yea that sucks. Now im stuck watchin espn gamecast. Im sure you can search for 30 minutes to find some crappy feed. atdhe was always the best bet though.

25. mbdtf

February 1, 2011 at 7:14 pm

J SMITHHHHH

26. BIGBREED

February 1, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Hey guys,
    pay close attention to some of the WIZARDS players, you just might be looking at a future HORNET!

• mbdtf

February 1, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Nick Young looks like he’d look good in a Hornets uniform.

27. peronas

February 1, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Oh my. Whose the guy in the Jason Smith suit?!?!

28. Forever504

February 1, 2011 at 7:18 pm

who is this guy in the Jason Smith jersey

29. mbdtf

February 1, 2011 at 7:20 pm

J SMITH THE GOD

30. Ryan

February 1, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Smith is ballin…..

31. Ryan

February 1, 2011 at 7:23 pm

oh yeah…… fellow atdhe.net watchers…………………. atdhe.net is now atdhe.me

your welcome and that is all……..

• JayRey

February 1, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Thanks lol

February 1, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Also atdhe.fm

32. Forever504

February 1, 2011 at 7:24 pm

man you just have to love the CST announcers calling jason Jwow

33. Diane

February 1, 2011 at 7:25 pm

There will be no more watching Hornets for now. They are blocking it on league pass and atdhe is done for. I still don’t know why they are blocking it on league pass cause they didn’t last year.

• Ryan

February 1, 2011 at 7:27 pm

see my above post…. go to atdhe.me

• kibner

February 1, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Try atdhenet.tv

34. Diane

February 1, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Thanks Ryan – got a feeling that won’t last long either.

• kibner

February 1, 2011 at 7:29 pm

It will last. The US owns the .com, .net, .org, and other domain names. They don’t own .tv and I assume .me. Should not be anything to worry about.

35. mbdtf

February 1, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Still not playing the defense that we are capable of…

36. mbdtf

February 1, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Nice closing to the quarter!

37. Forever504

February 1, 2011 at 7:50 pm

MT and CP3 should always wear pads ALWAYS the hit the floor to much

38. mbdtf

February 1, 2011 at 7:55 pm

JASON SMITH!

39. JCS

February 1, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Aaron Gray comes in for 30 seconds, fouls McGee as he dunks it on over his head, 10 seconds later gets called for a reach in foul. How pathetic.

• 42

February 1, 2011 at 11:58 pm

And then what happened?

40. George

February 1, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Jason Smith is dominating out there

41. PeeDee

February 1, 2011 at 7:57 pm

lmao Jason Smith is balling out the gym right now

42. JCS

February 1, 2011 at 7:57 pm

1 minute later he gets called for 3 seconds! Bench him Monty – he’s ruining your cred!!

43. JaeAmazin

February 1, 2011 at 8:00 pm

What’s up fellas..And QueenBee..Just looked at the box score and…….J SMITH!!!!…I know he has a lot of haters to…SHOW EM J

February 1, 2011 at 11:31 pm

@JaeAmazin-I know right? I was so happy for Jason Smith tonight. It would be great if he can do the same thing in OKC. I’m not putting money on it though. But I would love to be suprised but I don’t think I’ll hold my breath. LOL!

44. George

February 1, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Once Marcus figures out how to finish those moves he will become an offensive powerhouse

45. Just A Fan

February 1, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I see West is showing again why he’s not an all-star.

February 1, 2011 at 11:33 pm

LOL! Were you around these parts when West was huge down the stretch of the last game against OKC? West has been good for the Hornets all season long. Don’t just show up when the guy has a bad game or two in a row ok?

46. Schmide234

February 1, 2011 at 8:27 pm

j smith…wtf…

ive seen him dribble it twice and score both times and cut like a motha fucka. did he put on some of pauls shoes???

47. thechosenuno

February 1, 2011 at 8:29 pm

I suggested earlier that Mbenga should start, not Smith. Monty, I apologize for questioning you.

J Smitty — early that game day check, baby!

48. mbdtf

February 1, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Marco can’t make a shot..

49. peronas

February 1, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Smith is out of his mind right now.

• thechosenuno

February 1, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Even after getting kicked in the balls!

50. George

February 1, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Damn, that block brought Smith back down to earth

51. mbdtf

February 1, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Haha Gray with the airball at the line

52. George

February 1, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Just a little short

53. peronas

February 1, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Gray producing large numbers….? Did he step on a scale?

54. JCS

February 1, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Gray with the air ball, a turn over 10 seconds later, and then a foul that puts them in the penalty. Please put Smith back in and let him dominate.

55. mbdtf

February 1, 2011 at 8:53 pm

I’m liking the bench. However, I can’t remember the last time Jack did something productive.

• mbdtf

February 1, 2011 at 8:54 pm

…And he finally makes a jumpshot

56. NOLABanks96

February 1, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Wow Gray is clueless

57. Mark

February 1, 2011 at 8:59 pm

I remember 2007 draft analysts predicting the Hornets would pick up Nick Young because we needed some scoring options. I was adamant it would happen, and to this day, I still remember that kid’s name and what we could have gotten.

For your information, we chose Julian Wright that year.

• George

February 1, 2011 at 9:06 pm

Damn haha. If only

58. Forever504

February 1, 2011 at 9:19 pm

MT is not having a good shotting night

59. Forever504

February 1, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Oh look the ref wants to review a play

February 1, 2011 at 11:34 pm

LOL!

60. JayRey

February 1, 2011 at 9:36 pm

Yayyy good win Hornets!!! Big game tomorrow…Smith is gonna have to bring the same A game

61. L_REAZY

February 1, 2011 at 10:59 pm

It’s curtains for Belinelli!

Peja shoots better than him on a bad day.

I remember when Don Nelson drafted this guy and said, “This guy will be a player one day.” Well, technically, he is an NBA Player … just not a very good one. I thought the overseas players could shoot? What’s up with this?

Monty will end up starting Willie Green at SG soon at this rate, because we know he won’t start Thornton.

By the way … would any of you start Pondexter with Ariza?

F-West, F-Pondexter, C-Okafor, G-Ariza, G-Paul ? Just curious.

Good game J Smith!!!