Previous Post:
Next Post:

Tyrus Thomas doesn’t care

Published: January 16, 2011

Tyrus Thomas doesn’t care if you can tell he doesn’t like Emeka Okafor’s face.  He also doesn’t care if he’s delivering the most obvious flagrant elbow of all time in front of a referee.  He also doesn’t care what you think about it, damnit.

Oh and West dunked on Nazr’s face. He better stop it or we’ll start expecting it every game and I’m not sure he’s up to that. Sorry no close-up of the Dunk. The Charlotte broadcast didn’t think it warranted one. Or maybe they were embarassed.

Figured this might help not talk about the guard who temporarily may not be named. I’ll refer to him as Voldercus.

1. Stefan

January 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm

All David West needs to do now is to have a vicious jam on our home floor!!

2. Zolinho

January 16, 2011 at 1:30 pm

I know this isn’t the right place to ask, but does any one of you know a video about this stuff?

Just because there are these AND1 commercials on FB with blake… 😀 Really liked this move.

GEAUX Hornets!

3. Michael McNamara

January 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm

So proud of Emeka keeping his cool here AND knocking down the free throws. I have a feeling Tyson Chandler would have gotten back in his face and got himself thrown out as well (remember the Pryzbella battles?)

Those free throws iced the game essentially as well. I am getting humbled more and more by Okafor- a guy I wanted to trade away for potato chips and cap space just two months ago. The guy is coming into his own on this team and I still think he can go up from here.

• 42

January 16, 2011 at 2:16 pm

It’s possible the emergence of Emeka provides what is needed for the other 9 guys active guys to have a chance to see if they are `on’ enough to be one of the 2 X-factors we’ll need to close the game with 5 guys having above-association-average (AAA) nights.

And, yeah, Tyson dropped into that boxer stance on a hair trigger. I like that, actually, but it does come with a price. I’ve long been an advocate for a fiery guy.

4. 42

January 16, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Tyrus is a prick, has always been a prick, and will always be a prick. He’s almost exactly less cartoonish version of Iverson, attitude-wise.

I would hate to have to deal with him on this team.

Also, I love Okafor’s reaction to his `charity’ which is to just say thanks.

I always thought that when someone pops you in the face (not a real threat, just a show of force), then the following responses should be considered least desirable to most desirable:

Pop the guy back to show him you are so strong

Tell the guy how he can’t hurt you because you are so strong

Just ignore it because you are so strong

Kindness is not weakness.

5. bgalella

January 16, 2011 at 3:24 pm

And Bobcat fans are wondering why he isn’t on the floor more. Tyrus Thomas is a talented player, just a knucklehead.

6. m-W

January 16, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Amazing dunk by West. Just dropped the hammer.

@Ryan: Voldercus? Excellent. But fear of His name only makes him stronger…

7. Will Bennett

January 16, 2011 at 7:30 pm

question: would you rather have Chris Paul or Derrick Rose ?

• Ryan Schwan

January 16, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Paul. Rose is not as efficient as I’d like, nor does he defend at the level of Paul, hold on to the ball at the level of Paul, or see the floor like Paul.

Rose is like Paul was three years ago – carrying a team with his scoring – except Rose isn’t anywhere near the passer Paul was then and he’s more shot-happy than Paul ever became.

• Stefan

January 16, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Rose is a bad three point shooter, yet he continues to chuck them up regularly.

• 42

January 16, 2011 at 8:22 pm

For what? To start? Chris.

8. JCS

January 16, 2011 at 8:02 pm

WTF is a voldercus?

• Ryan Schwan

January 16, 2011 at 8:22 pm

A combination of He Who Must Not Be Named’s name, and the name of the guard who temporarily May Not Be Named.

C’mon JCS. Trying to act like you didn’t know that isn’t fooling any of us.

• JCS

January 16, 2011 at 8:45 pm

Honestly, I thought it was an alien from the 3rd season of Star Trek. My bad yo.